ad: elecraft

HR2.0: Episode 97 - How To Teach a 1-Day Technician Class, by KB6NU (Dayton Hamvention)

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, May 26, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

No way, not at all.

If I get a ham license, I am not obligated to do a damn thing. I can get a ticket and never talk on the air, never even come close to fulfilling any objectives of 97.1 and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Period.

Show me ONE instance where the FCC has cited anyone for NOT performing any portion 97.1 (a) - (e). I know you can't do it because it has never happened. Show me ONE instance where an OO has cited anyone for not following one of the parts of 97.1 (a) - (e).

I do appreciate you working with lawyers in relationship to Part 97. I am sure they appreciate your money.

Either your lawyers are feeding you a line of BS, or you are not understanding what you are being told.

KM6MHZ, W6NYA and K7JEM like this.
  2. K8MHZ

Chip,

How many tech classes have you taught? Did you track your student's performances? If so, what is the pass rate of your students?

3. K8MHZ

How does one expand our reservoir without teaching?

4. K8MHZ

Chip,

Have you provided advancing skills for both the communication and tech phases of the art? I know you have done very well on the tech side, but what have you done for communications? Communications in radio, as I was taught by APCO, is the transmission of information with understanding from one point to another. I did my part by creating a system of 'break tags' to be used at public service events and emcomm.

5. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

"Leans forward" ROFL! Sometimes I tuck my knees under my chin and lean forward! That's just how I roll. "A journey of 1000 miles for todays ham begins with a single hard shove". "Each new hour holds new chances for new beginnings in clean Depends."

6. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not about you and it's not about me. It's about ill prepared new hams who are prepped to pass a test without the basics of what to do with the license and what to expect. You're putting parachutes on them then shoving them out the door. Hopefully they find the ripcord before they get to the ground.

7. K8MHZ

Chip,

In a few minutes I have to leave to get some parts for a project. If you post and I don't respond, that's why, I don't plan on ignoring you.

For the rest of you, take note that it is possible to not agree with Chip and not have it degrade to a juvenile name calling session. I love debating with Chip because he always makes me do research and back up my opinion.

8. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Nevermind

9. K8MHZ

And what are you doing, Charlie? Are you teaching any classes to those that might otherwise fall victim to the HIAD vortex?

10. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with you funny looking man...

11. K8MHZ

I think Chip knows plenty and has garnered my respect.

12. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

I axed the post before I saw this. It just wasn't worth my time. And as far as what I am doing, I wasn't the one challenging someone...

13. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

I am sure he sleeps better at night...

14. K8MHZ

This is what I was responding to:

" You're putting parachutes on them then shoving them out the door. "

My question still stands, what are you doing to mitigate the above?

15. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Tell your question to sit and rest. It's gonna have a long wait.