ad: M2Ant-1

HR2.0 Episode 132: Greater Houston Hamfest 2018

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Mar 27, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

N5OCO likes this.
  2. KG5TON

KG5TON Ham Member QRZ Page

26:35 mark of the video.
    That texasdmr.net domain was registered this morning and it's forwarding to the dmrtexas.net site. Some people just get things done.

KC5HWB and N5OCO like this.
  3. N5DUX

N5DUX Ham Member QRZ Page

For a city the size of Houston, I thought the turnout was quite low. I've seen more folks at the Shreveport and Orange hamfests than I did at this hamfest. (It may be because it's on the far edge of the outskirts of Houston so that has a filtering effect on the number of folks willing to drive that far from the north, northwest, and east sides of Houston. In the video he mentioned there was someone from Baytown there, but that's still a long drive from Baytown.)

I'd prefer the organizing club, BVARC, call their hamfest the West Houston Hamfest and save the "Greater Houston Hamfest" moniker for something inside the Beltway since that might have a chance of drawing in larger numbers.

W5PFG, NE5U and NA5A like this.
  4. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

Who thought for 10 seconds that was William Shatner...

The shirt. I thought it was William Shatner because of the shirt. :)

G4HBY, W5LMM and KC5HWB like this.
  5. N5EAL

N5EAL Ham Member QRZ Page

I was waiting for Mike (N5VCX) to turn and look at the camera and say something about Priceline.com!

KC5HWB likes this.
  6. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I attended Orange 1 time, it was a terrible show. My 1-time experience might not be indicative of the overall experience, but I didn't like that show, so I didn't go back. However, I do agree with you other points. For a city the size of Houston, with as many Hams as they have, it should be larger.

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Busta move!