ad: M2Ant-1

HR2.0 Episode 128: Orlando Hamcation 2018 Videos

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Feb 21, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

http://www.livefromthehamshack.tv/2018/02/12/episode-128-orlando-hamcation-2018/
    -------------------------

The Orlando Hamcation of 2018 was a fantastic show. I was happy to get out of Texas for a few days, where it was in the 30s and 40s for winter, and experience the 70-80 degree weather in Orlando. Florida weather is sometimes unpredictable, but there was no rain during the show this year, which was great.

I got to catch up with Flex Radio, BridgeCom Systems, LNR Precision, Buddipole, Combitronics, The RFinder crew, the great folks from Hamvention(who allowed me to record their forum presentation again) and Gifts 4 Hams, one of my sponsors. Also attending the show was MFJ, N3ZN Keys, and lots more.

I also got a chance to sit down with Gary Pearce from HamRadioNow and do a live interview, which is posted on his channel. You can see that here.

I had a great time at this show and I am looking forward to attending again in the future. This is a multi-part episode, so be sure and see all the videos below.

2. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

HamCation AGAIN proving they can do their show BETTER than the rest! ALL the rest!

INCREDIBLE JOB OARC President John Knott and crew!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    W4KVW and KC5HWB like this.
  3. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

My 25th straight year at HAMCATION & it was again a great show.Much better organized than some other famous overrated Hamfest in America.Better layout & plenty of onsite parking just as it should be & never s single mudpit.Looking forward to 2019 HAMCATION already. ;):)o_O:D:p

Clayton
    W4KVW

4. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My first year to attend and I’m planning to return next year! . It was excellent all around. Great hamfest. Very extensive swapmeet, some forums and commercial vendors. Easy parking. Nice weather Loads of fun and very friendly atmosphere !!

5. PP5BV

PP5BV Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello!! Anyone know of any amateur store in Orlando in Florida ??
    Thank you...

PP5BV

6. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not since AES closed. I did a video on that store the week before it closed. HRO bought several of the AES stores, but I don't think they kept the Orlando one.

7. PP5BV

PP5BV Ham Member QRZ Page

Está bem...Thank you....73...