ad: elecraft

HR2.0 Episode 115 - Bound for Belton 2: Texas Nexus and MJARS 220 QSOs

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Oct 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

http://www.livefromthehamshack.tv/2017/10/09/episode-115-bound-belton-2-texas-nexus-mjars-220-qsos/
    -------------------------
    Another "on the road" video, once again driving down to the Belton HamExpo, the only Hamfest in Texas to support 2 shows each year. This is a great tailgate event that is enjoyed by many in this area.

On this trip, I get to catch up with a few guys from the MJARS club on their newly updated 220MHz BridgeCom Repeater, and I also have a few QSOs on the Texas Nexus WIRESx room with Yaesu System Fusion.

N2XJS likes this.
  2. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for being active on 220--I only wish more equipment (i.e. all mode) and more people were on it!

KC5HWB likes this.
  3. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I used to spend a lot of time TDY at FT Hood and since the Belton hamfest was in October I always made it a point to go there. I have not been there in 15 years but it was always a good hamfest in the past. Hope it's still as good as it used to be.

The Bell County Expo Center looks like a UFO that's about to take off.:D

KC5HWB likes this.
  4. KE5EUA

KE5EUA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Was stationed at Hood for nearly 8 years. Got my original ticket at the Belton hamfest in May 2005. Been to a couple since but sure do miss it and the guys around there.

KC5HWB likes this.
  5. N2XJS

N2XJS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good stuff!

73...all the best!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      56.9 KB
      Views: