ad: cq2k-1

HR2.0: Elecraft K4 Debut at Dayton Hamvention

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, May 21, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. N9NY

N9NY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Those were the days Carl! Super Pro with Grumpy Jenkins and Cha Cha in the pits. Good health and 73 Gregg

Attached Files:

• 68.JPG
      68.JPG
      File size:
      56.5 KB
      Views:
  2. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

That is one cool rig :cool:

G3SEA /KH6

3. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The 101D is considerably larger and heavier than the K4, and the bigger front panel allows more hard buttons. (Elecraft has portability as a key design goal).

K4: 4.5”H x 13.5”W, 10”D, weight 10 pounds. (Not clear what options are in this weight)

101D: 5.118”H x 16.535”W x 12.667”D, weight 26.4 pounds (from DXE, couldn’t find the info on Yaesu site)

4. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Which is more portable, a 100W rig complete in one cabinet or one with a seperate PS? Id rather have that fairly light weight in one box and use the other hand to carry something else.

Carl

5. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Both require an external supply so I don’t understand your point.

6. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

My mistake, I thought only the MP version used an external PS. Still 26.5 # and an all around better rig IMO, is not that heavy for most to carry.

I remember lugging a CE 100V (or HT-37), 75A4, HT-30 (as general backup or at another position), and a NCL-2000 or two to several multi multi sites in days of old when men were men:D Maybe us high speed CW ops were stronger:rolleyes:
    And even a TS-930 or TS-940 in later years. The TS-950SD stays put!

K0UO likes this.
  7. K9CTB

K9CTB Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like these cheap chicom color displays are showing up everywhere! Sort of reminds me of that "blue L.E.D." craze we endured when those were first introduced .... only in this case, what they attached *to* that display ain't so cheap ... But it's an Elecraft ... so if they've built the K4 on the foundation of its forerunners, that receiver is gonna be one of the best in the world! I'm betting they'll sell VERY well, despite the price.

K0UO and N0YPD like this.
  8. PP7NM

PP7NM Ham Member QRZ Page

Este será meu O MEU RAdio

9. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's ABOUT TIME "ELECRAFT" that u've gotten into the 21st century as far as the MOST WANTED GIZMOs are concerned in RIGS nowadays!!! We have ur K3 (MODIFIED) as a K3s, and since 2008 when I initially purchased it in 2008 (serial # 2407) it's BEEN A STELLAR PERFORMER!!! THANKS "WAYNE & ERIC"!!!

10. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

YAH!!! Those "BLUE BACKROUND" read-outs were the "CRAPS" especially in "SUN-LITE", DAMN!!! :)

K0UO likes this.
  11. KN4RA

KN4RA Ham Member QRZ Page

Heck, I'd be all set with a K2!

Backpacking QRP CW

Yeah, Boieeeee!