ad: elecraft

HR2.0 - DXmini V2 Version 2 Pi-Star Hotspot

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Mar 8, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W0DDY

W0DDY Ham Member QRZ Page

I prefer the Black Forest kind myself.

KD0LQD and N6SPP like this.
  2. N5WJ

N5WJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Variety is what makes hamming so much fun.. so many different things for everyone to try...

Frank... N5WJ

KD0LQD and K3SZ like this.
  3. WG5EEK

WG5EEK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks. I couldn't find anything besides non radio references.

K3SZ likes this.
  4. N4CAX

N4CAX Ham Member QRZ Page

Always looks like he's about to shat himself.

KT5OT likes this.
  5. N6SPP

N6SPP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

~Antenna to Antenna, with NO internet connection~ Is possibly what he means..hi

6. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

7. K3LI

K3LI Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree. How many of you "its not real ham radio" types use the internet to post your logs? That's not real ham radio logging. You used a computer and the internet! How many of you use a computer and a television monitor to set up your waterfall displays. Thats no real ham radio. You must spin the dial and search out a contact. What? Digital modes? Isnt voice and CW the only real ham radio? Think about it. You guys sure sound hypocritical when you say its " not real radio"

KD0LQD, WA8LGM and KC5HWB like this.
  8. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

I venture to presume many of the "It's Not Ham Radio" types are unspecifically referring to where the natural propagation pathway between stations is minimized and hardwired, infrastructure based, digital "propagation" is brought more into the forefront. And much of the "It's Not Ham Radio" talk is personal and therefore widely subjective.

The words essence, spirit, and heritage come into play here.

KD0LQD, KR3DX and WA8LGM like this.
  9. VE2CKN

VE2CKN Ham Member QRZ Page

Often many will criticize these new modes, digital because they are unable to operate them or they understand nothing of their usefulness. I saw this myself when the voip systems arrived like Echolink and the old told me that this was not radio ,,,,, I did not take care of it and I continued my way.We should not criticize when we see that it has evolved but many like the past too.

WA8LGM likes this.
  10. WA8LGM

WA8LGM Ham Member QRZ Page

First learn how to spell English words. note the lack of a "t" on the end of the word.

Hate to tell you this, <ahem> a long time ago there were a bunch of spark gap cw ops who complained that this coherent cw was not ham radio.

Sorry to tell you this, but the times and technology change, cw is still here, am is still here, and now thanks to the march of time and a whole bunch of ingenious hams and other engineers, Digital radio in all of its forms is here and, glad to say, IT IS REAL HAM RADIO, you luddite.

KC5HWB likes this.
  11. WA8LGM

Danke Schoen, Freund.

12. WA8LGM

Ich liebe meine Bier. Wuenderbar!

KD0LQD likes this.
  13. K3LI

K3LI Ham Member QRZ Page

14. KB4LOA

KB4LOA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Your reply to the trolls. LMAO. You are an excellent role model for Amateur Radio. 73's

15. WG5EEK

WG5EEK XML Subscriber QRZ Page