ad: Flexradio-1

HR2.0 - Contest University and Hamvention QSO Party with K3LR and W8CI

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, May 5, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Whole lot of moderation going on...

K6VOX, KC5HWB, KT5OT and 3 others like this.
  2. KD5BVX

KD5BVX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It’s appreciated!

W9JF and KC5HWB like this.
  3. KT5OT

KT5OT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

definitely not interested.hard to get any donation jars stuffed into a virtual event!

N3FAA likes this.
  4. KT5OT

KT5OT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

keep thinking that!

N3FAA likes this.
  5. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

What do you mean by that, person?

6. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

"Haters are gonna hate..." truth be told, when someone offers you an opportunity to learn something for free or a very minimal/nominal fee, especially in a highly technical hobby like radio, why not jump on it?! In the spirit of Amateur Radio, why not 'Elmer' and teach others and share information that you may know and understand?! Personally, I'd rather socialize and do the flea, smoke cigars and drink coffee, but when someone speaks (e.g., Heil, & etc.) it just might be worth closing the mouth and listening.

WB9RRU, KC5HWB and KD5BVX like this.
  7. KO4ESA

KO4ESA Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent information.
    KO4ESA
    WRJR757

W0PV and KC5HWB like this.
  8. K6VOX

K6VOX Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm going to "mentor" myself with another bowl of popcorn and "read/listen" to all this great advice/comments.....

KC5HWB likes this.
  9. N9UTJ

N9UTJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah if you have a net or QSO going on they get RIGHT next to you over modulated with no regard
    like they do to themselves like it is standard operational procedure ,,sorry that is my experience .

10. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

For all the naysayers out there, there have been tremendously informative presentations today. Even if you are a rag chewer or DXer, the propagation presentation and station optimization presentations were absolute master classes.

Some of the comments:
    "I've learned more about propagation in the last hour than I have since I started playing radio."

"Excellent presentation, lots to learn."

"Best Propagation presentation ever."

"Outstanding presentation, Jose. Thanks for putting this on and teaching something to me today."

"This is probably the most useful presentation I have seen in a long time. It will change the way I approach band changes when I am contesting."

KO4ESA, KD5BVX, N8AMY and 1 other person like this.
  11. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Interested. Registered. Watched starting with UA9BA presentation til end. Not Sorry!

KO4ESA and KC5HWB like this.
  12. W4JDY

W4JDY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A Contest University .... what a waste of time yelling "CQ Contest" for a minute or less of time that does not prove anyone is the better operator, just luckier and better location and equipment.

13. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Contesting is a competition against oneself: how to operate efficiently, how to listen better; how to be heard better. If it truly was a contest against the handful of Big Guns, then why would 15,000+ hams get on for a major contest?

KO4ESA, W0PV and KA2FIR like this.