ad: ProAudio-1

HR2.0 - ARRL CEO Is Out! YouTubers Bunch #10

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Mar 8, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K3BR

K3BR Ham Member QRZ Page

ARRL changes CEO's faster than the Redskins change coaches.

K4XJ, W1YW and K0UO like this.
  2. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

That suggeston would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.

KD5RJZ and K0UO like this.
  3. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

After listening to these knucklehead I just have to say... have you ever heard that an employer can not say whether you were fired or not? With all your speculation, somebody will finally get a rumor started to say he was ______(fill in blank)

K1OIK, KT5OT and WN1MB like this.
  4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

The best and also the thinnest info that I have heard is that Wb2itx was given a directive by the board to close a deal on 'lifelong learning' in the Fall, which was not completed by January. Whether this was the only reason is not public knowledge.

'Not renewing a contract' is not the same as 'firing'.

Please correct the facts if the above is not correct.

K0UO likes this.
  5. WN1MB

I'll second that appraisal.

You mean something like the Cal-Fire fecal show perpetrated by one of the bunch? ;)

K1OIK likes this.
  6. KB9OAK

KB9OAK Ham Member QRZ Page

ARRL should have been all over the Cal-Fire thing. Guess they were busy or something.

ND6M likes this.
  7. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

8. N5DAR

N5DAR Ham Member QRZ Page

WE DON'T WANT TO REPLACE IT. The ARRL does NOTHING unless it involves money! That's why we have SO many contests which do NOTHING to improve the operation of the radio operator, rather the complete annihilation of most bands for 48 hours in search of points to win the elusive piece of radio equipment. WHAT A CROCK!!!

KD5RJZ and KT5OT like this.
  9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

How does 'having contests' involve money? The contests are free....

Are you aware that CQ is in , shall we say, not the best of financial circumstances (hasn't been for a while)? They host several different contests. Are we to presume that those contests involve money also? If so, how is it possible to have great contests but little cash?

The objective of contests is to demonstrate on the air activity and to hone operating skills. Not a money grab. Mission accomplished as far as I can tell.

Chip W1YW

WB8NUT likes this.
  10. N5DAR

N5DAR Ham Member QRZ Page

Bull!

11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Mike,

How are OTA contests about money? We really don't see the connection.

Chip W1YW

WB8NUT likes this.
  12. WN1MB

Chip,

A quote of Robert Heinlein comes to mind: "Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig."

Save your time and energy. ;)

13. N0DZQ

N0DZQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hone operating skills? Hahahahah, you made a funny!

If it were to hone skills they should be required to pass contact information on ICS forms and give a honest signal report.

ND6M likes this.
  14. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Mike is a smart guy and he's irritated at something. Just trying to understand the 'money' issue.

ARRL is not exactly minting it given the demographics and absence of on the air Techs....

15. WN1MB

I can appreciate your feelings in the still settling dust of the recent phone contest.

May I suggest you jump feet first into the ARRL Sweepstakes CW weekend this fall? I believe in doing so, you would gain some appreciation for Chip's "to hone operating skills" assertion.

K0UO likes this.