ad: MLSons-1

HR2.0 - ARRL CEO Is Out! YouTubers Bunch #10

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Mar 8, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

SUPPORT the ARRL.

CEOs come and go EVERYDAY from organisations big and small, both profit and nonprofit.

Be an Elmer.

Be the Ham whom you would like to work.

Show a Kid, or a room full of them at your local school about radio.

And for those who continue to diss the ARRL? That's really nothing new: They just have an easier time of making that Cheap Shot By Internet.

That's been going on since the League started more than a hundred years ago.

So have the efforts to form new organisations... But they have always been Pretenders to the Throne.

73 DE W8LV Bill

WN2C, WB8NUT, K7YB and 4 others like this.
  2. KD4LT

KD4LT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I see the Youtubes show not a very good influence on younger ham with the beer drinking and vapor cigarettes . And the ARRL is a business with it's number one priority is money and growth of the company.

K1OIK, WB8NUT, K4NWD and 2 others like this.
  3. KT5OT

KT5OT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

just a bunch of LIDS that need a REAL JOB!

K1OIK, WB8NUT, K0PV/SK2023 and 3 others like this.
  4. KT5OT

KT5OT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

go get a job!

K1OIK, WB8NUT, G7DAZ and 1 other person like this.
  5. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Paragraphs are your friend....

K9FV, K1OIK, NY4I and 4 others like this.
  6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Amongst other issues.

The BoD, in its various forms, must take more than a smidgeon of responsibility for this outrageous record of turn over.

The BoD had extraordinary CEO candidates in their pocket back in December. Instead they put in a CEO (acting) who does not get on the air. They had plenty of time to make up their mind beforehand: buying time with an acting CEO--AGAIN-- accomplished nothing but demonstrating indecision and dysfunction, IMO.

Directors have plenty of opportunity to talk to one another BEFORE cocktail hour the night before the meeting. They can also request special board meetings rather than only lock-step the schedule. Dumb to put in an acting CEO because of the Jan, June meeting schedule.

If they can't get a CEO they can hold onto for more than 12 months then the system is clearly not working. That doesn't mean the SYSTEM is the problem. It means the directors are the problem.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    WN1MB likes this.
  7. AD3C

AD3C Ham Member QRZ Page

Stay out of the politics, enjoy radio. Have not seen any change in my life when the leadership changes....

NF6E and NK2U like this.
  8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Every 11 months, on average?

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

We would love to have you on the ham bands! Join us!

K2WPM and K0UO like this.
  10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Bill,

Supporting the ARRL, as I do, is not a blanket 'pass' on the directors, as a whole, to not do their job properly.

You can't have such incredibly rapid and repetitive turnover and pass the blame squarely and only on the CEO's.

The latest CEO 'ad' looks quite good. The point is, at this point, who is willing to apply for it.

Chip W1YW

K0UO likes this.
  11. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

From an earlier post, "I would rather walk into a mine field than into one of those Board meetings if I was the CEO".

I have been a ARRL member since 1966, the League has helped us retain amateur frequencies not only in this country but worldwide. There is no one left to remember, but right after World War II amateur radio was still banned in most countries and they did a great job in getting it back on the air world wide.

It is a sad State of Affairs now, I have friends who are both current and pass Section Managers, they take all the crap from the members at the hamfests, state nets, and club meetings. The board doesn't seem to listen to them at all, very frustrating.
    So I can't imagine what it would be like to be the CEO at a Board meeting.

I'm still willing and ready to support the ARRL, when they get their act together.
    I belong to a number of other special interest organizations and they are currently managed properly, and do a great job of lobbying and supporting the membership.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  12. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Regarding the statement:" Go run yourself ,for director.'"

I am quite happy with the NE director. Its the board as a whole that seems more like pushing a pillball uphill...

;-)

K0UO likes this.
  13. AD3C

AD3C Ham Member QRZ Page

W1YW you are correct. About 11 months. As one author noted, we perhaps are better off with ARRL . We need something. Most importantly is the bands we need to keep. They will be shrinking if you don't have an entity to support us. I believe UPS and Amazon are lobbying FCC for more. Where ? From the amateur radio bands. I will continue to support the ARRL, out of need not want.

KA3QOT, KK4HPY, K0UO and 1 other person like this.
  14. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Depends on your definition of "profit".

Some egos "profit" by simply maintaining a "my way or the highway" type management environment.

K0PV/SK2023 and KR3DX like this.
  15. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Too many soups in the cooks.