HR-10b Project

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by W7UUU, Feb 13, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. WA2LXB

WA2LXB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just picked up a combo ceramic/electrolytic 50V capacitor assortment. Also an LED assortment for the SW-2000 relamping project. Next, I need to get an LC DMM to verify cap values. I really didn't want to end up owning a mess of caps...nor a mess of resistors...but I don't see a way around it when working on old kits.

Found a missing cap at V2...0.005microfarads. Two steps forward, one back:mad:

Fertilized the peach trees and the blueberries and fired up the tiller...I needed some immediate gratification.

N2EY likes this.
  2. WA2LXB

Question...this isn't the correct forum...but I'm going to ask it in here anyway...which DMM should I get for LCR measurement, and can I get one do-all meter in a single package...even if it's a pricey Fluke...and if so...which Fluke? Obviously, it should be high impedance and should be true RMS as well, I suppose.

Thanks...I want to make sure that I buy the right meter ONCE for tube and hybrid work. My current DMM is very basic.

3. K4YND

K4YND Ham Member QRZ Page

4. WA2LXB

Someone up in Canada needs to put down the hookah and step away from the keyboard, eh?

W1BR likes this.
  5. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I suspect that at least some of those high-priced auctions are actually money-laundering schemes.

W9GB, K4YND and WA2LXB like this.
  6. VE3LYX

VE3LYX Ham Member QRZ Page

I doubt it. Not who we are. Different mindset here. More then likely mis-advised. I would be thrilled to get that for mine!
    donVE3LYX

7. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's not who we are.....but there could be some folks out there....

8. VE3LYX

VE3LYX Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know how to explain it but there is a different way of thinking here. However it is certainly not impossible. Crime here is usually either in your face or not at all. My guess is someone became a silent key and his widow or kids were going to junk it or give it away but someone said "oh that is worth a fortune." And they mistook $150 for $500. Seen it happen with many things lots of times. That is how I got my No 19 set. An SK's estate, a high price asked on Kijiji. I didnt really want it as I am partial to no 11 WS so I emailed them and said "I know you are asking such and such and it may be fair value. It is not really my favourite radio but I will offer a guaranteed $100 for it if it doesn't sell. No time limit and my word is good." About a week later I got an email. "Send the money I am tired of talking to idiots."
    donVe3LYX

9. WA2LXB

Being just a short hop to Canada, I get a lot of things from the Great White North. RSF fireplace-Quebec. Jeep-made in Ontario . Appalachian hardwood floors-Quebec. Covertech-New Brunswick. Quebec and NY are in competition for my maple syrup dollars...currently the local sugarbush has my business.

HR-10B is on hold for a spell, as we have guests arriving this month and next, with field day right after. Capacitors came in...so back at it after field day or before then if I get some time.

N2EY likes this.
  10. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

N7ANN likes this.