HP-432A Power Meter - On it's way to the grave!

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by AB8RO, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AB8RO

AB8RO Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, good, thanks, the schematic isn't in my 41A manual. It states that it's not included because you shouldn't be fiddling with it anyway. :)

Thanks for posting the picture. That gives me some ideas on how to improve my homebrew RF probe that I've been using with my scope.

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

::You should visit! The US dollar is very weak and you can buy lots of stuff here cheaply.:p

I've been to VK, though. In fact, my neices (two of them, Katina and Shiralee) were born in Tasmania and we plan to go visit there next Spring.

WB2WIK/6

3. VK2TIL

VK2TIL Ham Member QRZ Page

Our Spring I suppose, not yours. Weather is cool then; in Winter (now) it's cold! Bring warm clothes. You can check weather present & past here;

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/tas

Tasmania is a great place; hope you like it. Hiring a mobile home is a good way to tour Tasmania; otherwise a hire car and stay in "bed-&-breakfasts".

Amateur radio seems to be very strong in VK7, considering the small population. Make contact in advance with local clubs and they will welcome you.

It's perhaps fortunate for your "Shiralee" that the word, like many other Aussie words forgotten in the wake of the americanisation of our culture, is not used much now;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shiralee

:)

I'm not much of a traveller; I prefer home & my workshops although I have a campervan and take trips of a week or two.

I'm taking advantage of the present currency rate and buying a few things from the US; just ordered all the bits for an N2PK VNA.

Fortunately there are people in the US who will help with this kind of thing; shipping can be expensive from companies who don't care about helping people.

For example, I ran a "dummy" on-line order with Digi-Key the other day to check shipping cost. I ordered one-only 2N2222; shipping was US$82.82!!!

4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

::Yeah, but you probably could've gotten a reel of them (1000 pcs or more) for about that cost.

Think of how many "spares" you'd have!

WB2WIK/6

5. AB8RO

AB8RO Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, must have spares. I can't order one of anything....oh noooo...I have the disease!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.