ad: CWJF-1

how to work xr0yg from 7 land...

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by AE7F, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. AE7F

AE7F Ham Member QRZ Page

Which hexbeam did you go with? I chose the hex first but ultimately decided against it, thinking that the neighbors and YL would not appreciate it. I was going to build one out of PVC. Now there is another hex on the market that is less-expensive than the models I was looking at a year ago: http://na4rr.com/

2. W6GMT

W6GMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Worked them last night 3/26 on 10 and 15 with wires. Contacts were in LOTW today outstanding. New country for me

3. AE7F

AE7F Ham Member QRZ Page

I just noticed LOTW was already confirmed as well. New entity for me as well.

4. AE7F

AE7F Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the space for wires but no tall trees. The spiderbeam covers 10-20 very well. A 30m dipole can also be added. I will probably add the 30m dipole at some point but that leaves 40/80/160.

Right now I cover 160-30 with a 133ft dipole strung below the spiderbeam on the same mast. I'm sure this is detuning the spiderbeam and it isn't high enough to be useful on the low bands anyway, so at this point, a triband vertical is in order and should outperform the dipole. I plan to load the mast itself.

I am tempted to put up a separate vertical though. I think even a poorly-efficient helically wound vertical on 160 would outperform the dipole as compromised as it is...

I hear/read good things about DXE. Looks like a nice antenna.

5. N7SMI

N7SMI Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the K4KIO version. Yes it is a bit spendy, but the build quality, reliability, and performance have been worth every penny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.