ad: Retevis-1

How to use RIT & XIT | SWR Magic| High End Knives K6UDA Radio Episode 43

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K6UDA, Feb 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. K7KSG

K7KSG Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

My neighborhood Taliban forbids antennas. Is it possible to connect directly to the can of SWR Magic instead of an antenna?

2. K6UDA

K6UDA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Spray it on your fence, it'll work great.

3. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Keith...it's likely only you would understand this so...there IS a spray for just such a thing in aviation, at least commercial aviation, where composites are the majority of the surrounding structure. Take a look at my page profile and THEN ask me how I know this buddy!

KMCO...NU4R

4. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

SWR MAGIC??? well... I saw an ad for that cw code reader,mfj 461 and I placed it near the speaker and all it would read was " MFJ-461 CODE READER....PLACE UNIT NEAR SPEAKER......PAT PENDING.......# 239082-000012........MANUFACTURED 8/12/02/13:29 CST. VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV................" then it would repeat the same message al over again and could NOT get it to read any code! Had a MFJ 986 T TUNER that the roller inductor coil failed, sent it back 12 times to get it repaired and still doesn't work and THEY WON'T RETURN IT BACK TO ME!!! BECAUSE THEY SAID THEIR SICK OF DEALING WITH ME????WTF????? The B.B.B. Won't even help. Lesson: NEVER SEND ANYTHING BACK TO THE MANUFACTURER OTHERWISE YOU'LL NEVER GET BACK AND STILL BROKEN!!!!!

5. NM7L

NM7L Ham Member QRZ Page

"It's a floor wax ... and a dessert topping!"

6. W9FTV

W9FTV Ham Member QRZ Page

Reminds me of "packet wax" spoof for the bitheads in the 90's. It promised a 100% increase in network speed :)

NL7W likes this.
  7. W2CPO

W2CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

Charlie,
    First, I'm not a mechanical engineer, but have worked with several and picked up a few things over the decades. I'm wondering a few things as I read your post, aside from the supposition that spinning or slinging RF off a rotational emitter produces gain (I'm still trying to wrap my head around the math for that one). How have you damped any out of balance or parasitic vibration conditions in the rotating mass (tower)? Have you considered what effect that the rotation has placed on the structural points of the tower? Under normal load conditions all the normally expected (X, Y, Z axis) structural stress (weight of the tower and all things attached to it, wind loading, rotational torque for top mounted beam antennas, ect.) are conveyed through the structural points to the ground in an engineered condition. Adding a non-designed Z rotation increases stresses at the construction connection points, the further from Z0, the greater the load that increases with Z axis RPM.

Dave
    N2OHA

8. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

The tower is not rotating, just a vertical antenna made out of stack pipe with screws at the sections. Wobble is checked by thrust bearings 24" above the motor, the shortness of the antenna, and the tight joints. There is no significant sympathetic vibration. The motor itself is attached to the ground plate which is in turn secured to the ground.

9. K7KSG

K7KSG Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Greg, I totally understand how/why you know this. Good work. ~KG~

NU4R likes this.