ad: elecraft

how to use 'iq" signal

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by W9WQA, Nov 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KB7WG

KB7WG Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you have the data sheets on those components?

2. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

yes

its the one suggested by
    ?
    ?...ealier.

3. W9WQA

oops mine is ufo202.

also have sdrsharp that doesnt work, needs an sdr device.

is there sw that takes iq input that i can easily use or should i give up...

4. KB7WG

The reason that radios have an IQ output is because..........it is so easy. Many of the answering comments have clearly stated what needs to be done.

It's easy to do, even if you don't understand it. But you have to follow directions.

Can you make a pig tail? A pig tail is a plug with a length of cable correctly connected to it.
    For your IQ radio connector.

On the other end(this end will plug into your audio to usb adapter) needs to be correctly connected to a stereo connector. Can you solder?

So, IQ cable connected to radio......other end connected to usb adapter.......adapter to computer.

Now for the software. Normally, the software will default to your computer sound card for the signal source.........that the software uses. BUT....in your case you do not want that.......because your sound card does not have a stereo in. SO........you have to change the software source.......to the usb adapter, instead of the internal sound card. The sdr software has to be able to see that adapter.

Does ANY of what I said, make any sense to you?

5. W9WQA

".you have to change the software source.......to the usb adapter'
    first time ive seen this, i went back and reread every post.
    i have and used some sdr devices,sdrduo, and am used to using their usb input.
    i know nothing about changing ports. i obviously have the ufo202 cabled up an plugged in a usb port.ill continue trying to figure it out, thanks...

oh, and yes i know how to hook up wires, started about 67 yrs ago, software is not so ez...

6. KB7WG

Do you have another computer, that has a stereo mic input or a stereo line input? It would be a lot easier, especially when doing this for the first time.

7. W5DXP

W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

What happens when you make the "IQ from Sound Card" selection in SDRSharp using stereo line input (or two mics)?
    SDRSharp.png

8. W9WQA

sdrsharp needed .net framework.
    i installed it from microsoft successfully.
    now sdrsharp wont run...

9. W9WQA

then it was suggested that i d l ver 4.8.
    i got lost following instructions.
    right now im uninstalling all of sdrsharp.
    might start over later.
    way too much messing!!

10. W9WQA

downloaded fresh sdrsharp, dozens of files.
    ran sdrsharp. it asks do you want to download 4.8 (net framework) and install.?
    yes.
    i get a screen full of stuff? but nothing happens.
    if i run sdsharp it repeats asking for 4.8 version...
    its like it never installed...?