How to solve the background noise brought by the rotator

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by BG5UZW, Nov 12, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
  1. BG5UZW

BG5UZW Ham Member QRZ Page

I don’t currently have photos of the rotator that I’m using. These photos were taken by the producer, and the actual objects are not much different from them.

2. W9IQ

W9IQ Ham Member QRZ Page

The components to the right of the power cord appear to comprise a switching power supply. That is most likely the source of the noise. I suggest you contact BG0AUB for assistance. It appears that he uses the controller for satellite work so perhaps he is not concerned with, or aware of, the noise generated on HF.

- Glenn W9IQ

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  3. BG5UZW

I also want to use the controller for satellite work,but it not only produces noise on HF, but also produces noise on VHF and UHF...............
    I have tried to ask BG0AUB&BG0CAB for help,but they also can’t make definite judgments without seeing the real thing.
    This may be a special example.
    Anyway, thanks for your help, I will go to the roof to try your suggestions again this weekend.This really makes me tired, I have been dealing with this since the beginning of October...

4. SWL37632

SWL37632 QRZ Member

That board does not appear to have typical RFI mitigation such as chokes, ferrite beads, shielding, etc., etc.

W9IQ's comments and recommendation that you contact the maker are a good suggestion for you.

Bill

5. SWL37632

SWL37632 QRZ Member

It appears that I was writing my post when you sent your post.

It also appears that the maker of the board is not being very responsive to you about this problem.

If you are unable find someone to help you about this, you may need to educate yourself and mitigate this problem yourself.

Otherwise, you may also consider purchasing a different system from a more reputable and responsive maker.

Good luck

Bill

6. BG5UZW

It's true.Thanks.

7. SM0GLD

SM0GLD Ham Member QRZ Page

If this is the setup there are multiple sources of noise.

BG0AUB rotator.jpg
    We can see the controller board sitting in the door and the two stepper motor drivers in lower part of the box.
    All this can produce noise and needs to be filtered on all cables.
    If you are using the Ethernet interface this is also a very problematic source of noise.

8. BG5UZW

Now it can be basically determined that it is the interference caused by the controller