ad: Alphaant-1

How To Setup Hamshack Hotline Phone

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by K0LWC, Nov 19, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K0LWC

K0LWC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Setting up a VoIP phone for Hamshack Hotline is a fairly easy process for any ham radio operator. I show you how to do it, and a few other secret tips that you might not be aware of in this 'How To' video!

Watch the video:

EI9HQB and KJ0C like this.
  2. KJ0C

KJ0C Ham Member QRZ Page

Good video. Helped me decide to get one knowing that it wouldn't be over my head. Now waiting on HH to open the help desk again so I can submit a ticket. Lots of options in the phone menu. Maybe you can cover more of those someday.

K2SRF likes this.
  3. WB4AEJ

WB4AEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

That's great for those with endpoints listed for the HHUS server.
    I have been looking for generic information to configure a VOIP phone on the HHUX server. so far, no luck.
    I have my account information from HH.
    I am trying different things to get it working.
    Can anyone provide that information?

4. KT2VAN

KT2VAN Ham Member QRZ Page

Loved the video, but I'm having a problem getting my Polycom VVX311 to work. Hamshack Hotline says I should be working, but when I try to reboot the phone and start the application, I get an SNTP Failed error. Following Google searches I found that instead of Server Type FTP, I should have Server Type HTTPS, but I don't know a Server Address. I still get the SNTP Error, so I don't know if the Server Type should be FTP (which it was set to after the Factory Reset). I still have an open ticket at Hamshack Hotline .com, so I'm awaiting a response from them. Any other takers?