How to sell stuff you own

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KN4EJJ, Jul 22, 2017.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K1FBI

K1FBI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Okay, I put my PROII on eBay and have it clearly listed I am not shipping outside the US 48. So some ham from Chili places the winning bid; like I'm gonna ship it to Santiago for $65.

Worst part is eBay doesn't block the bidder since he lives where I select no shipping to South America.

Now I cancel the sale and instead of getting my fees back I get credit towards future sales. Great:mad:

2. KN4EJJ

KN4EJJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for all the help:)

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Watt are you going to do ?

Good Luck.

4. KN4EJJ

KN4EJJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I was planning to sell my kenwood ts-700a. I have one extra

5. K9CTB

K9CTB Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, if you're using "e-bay" as your pricing gauge, you gonna hang on to that gear a while. I see it all the time, month after month, the same broken, smoked-up transceiver that he "can't test because of <fill in the blank>" - It just ain't the "real" and nobody with any sense is gonna buy your non-WARC Kenyaecom for $400 + 100 shipping, when he can get one from a reasonable operator at a hamfest for half that. Miraculously however, they keep listing it (for free obviously) and e-bay stays in business. And it ain't just "ham gear". Sure, eventually somebody may buy the gear .... probably at an "offer" eventually, but what the e-bayer wants, plus the e-bay and "paypal" graft, plus the shipping is usually laughable. E-bay is the best advertisement for creating strong radio clubs I've seen in a while. I'm rather slack-jawed as to why we're *not* seeing more of them! 73, K9CTB

6. K3EY

K3EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

th.jpg

7. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

I have the same reaction to posters in zombie threads.

WA7PRC, N1VAU and KP4SX like this.
  8. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Cops are only minutes away when you only have a few seconds.

KK5JY likes this.
  9. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Give you $5 for it

SHIPPED!;)

Okay, now for some useful advice.....
    eBay has gotten a little less ham radio friendly in my opinion. You have to list everything as "not working, for parts" or you're on the hook at the buyers honesty.

Selling on QRZ is an option. Just list the item with the best pictures and most honest description as possible and you'll do fine.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  10. 2E0WMG

2E0WMG Subscriber QRZ Page

If you are for real, wow, just wow..