How to see more than 10 log entries?

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by N4QA, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. N4QA

N4QA Ham Member QRZ Page

There once was an old saying in America

"If you can't convince 'em, *confuse* 'em !"

There's probably a term for marketing strategy such as that to which we're all being subjected.

Perhaps something cute, as "Cloud Computing".

Then, there was that Clint Eastwood series of movies.

A certain title comes to mind...

Bill, N4QA

2. W9FLH

W9FLH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

viewing log book

Be sure you use the Log Book Button at the top of you page located between your Call Sign Button and the Manage Button.Then you will see the Control and Option Button at the top left of the page and the bottom of the page is where you set how many logs to display per page. I think some may be confused and selecting the Log Button on the lower bar where your Biography and Detail Buttons are located.Hope I made sense and this helps. Coop

3. AK4MP

AK4MP QRZ Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Ok, let me try this again and get clearer on it.

From the QRZ.COM home page you should see the blue bar with your call sign just right to the middle of the blue bar. Next to it should be a link bar that says "LOGBOOK". Click "LOGBOOK". If you haven't registered to use the logbook you will need to do so here. After you register to use the logbook your will find the number of page pull down on the left side of the screen as described before.

I think this is your problem.

4. N4QA

N4QA Ham Member QRZ Page

Well put, Tim...especially that last line :0)

Bill, N4QA

5. AK4MP

AK4MP QRZ Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I think some of the confusion was my fault. I needed to think a little longer on my first post on this subject.
    We are learning how to use the logbook right along with the other users.

Sorry Folks.

6. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

I think I'm already "registered to use the logbook". I added QSO's during the test phase, and I have the opportunity to log a contact now (but I don't have any real QSO's in there yet). But I don't seem to have the options you described, such as a control panel.

During the test phase, I could only see 10 contacts. (I don't have any in there now, so I'm really not sure how many will display).

If anyone wants me to confirm a contact here, I'll be happy to help them out. But if you can't see your own log, I won't bother uploading any myself.

This is just my 2 cents, but IMHO, unless something of perceived value is provided for free (such as online logging), it won't get a large enough user base to make it worthwhile. Eqsl (and LOTW) provides most of its content for free, and only requires payment at the time someone wants to get an award. I think this site would make more money by following the same model.

7. W5DON

W5DON Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Registering for Logbook

Does registering require a "donation?" If so, I'll pass...

Don, k4fmz

8. KD8ISH

KD8ISH Ham Member QRZ Page

Full access to log book

I suscribed as a ham member...this isnt enough to get full access to more than 10 logs?

9. KB2MMR

KB2MMR Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw exactly the same issue, and once I subscribed, all was well. I can view all records, change sort order, etc. I don't really object to having to subscribe to really use the logbook. I guess the unsubscribed version is intended to give a preview of what's available. Just would have been better if that was documented somewhere, so people would know what comes with a subscription. Good thing is, I can even access it on my moto Droid, for field logging!
    73 all
    -Jeff

10. K4RKY

K4RKY Ham Member QRZ Page

quote from mm6arg... ]Thank you but sorry, not clear enough instruction, no tabs on my left page at all? No control. No display etc?

Please offer further advice?[/QUOTE]

There are NO buttons on the left side of page. I guess the earlier comment of <Free to ALL users> was also temporary?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.