How to Renew a swapmeet Ad?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KL7AM, Mar 31, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
  1. KL7AM

KL7AM Ham Member QRZ Page

Title says it all

Marty
    KL7AM

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

If you post a reply, that will "bump it back to the top". But you can't change any wording or photos without using "reply" and adding more info.

Or you can just run a new ad (ask for the old one to be closed first though). To do that, just hit the word "report" in the lower left of the "for sale" ad posting and ask them to close it.

Dave
    W7UUU

3. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

An ad can be re-posted after 7 days. So if you posted an ad on Sunday, it can be re-posted the following Saturday.

4. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave - Not always true. You can set your own default as to what goes to the top.

5. KL7AM

KL7AM Ham Member QRZ Page

How do you re-post? A whole new ad?

6. KN7S

Yup. But it is pretty easy to copy and paste your previous ad.

K2HAT likes this.
  7. AF7FQ

AF7FQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I was warned by a member today that the mods frown upon bumping ads. Curious, I decided to search on the term "bump," and it returned the max (10) pages of for sale ads that had been bumped. I've never seen a rule against it or even language suggesting against it. I guess that every buy/sell venue has it's drawbacks. With Ebay, it's the fees and other hidden "gotcha's". Here it's the nebulous etiquette expectations.

8. W3JJW

W3JJW Subscriber QRZ Page

If you have any questions, you can just email/PM a moderator.

Here on QRZ (where I am a new guy), the sales threads do not cycle based on posts in the thread, unlike in the discussion forums, and on other web forums in general. So bumping them is in a way meaningless here (as they do not get 'bumped' up here), except in that they can reappear in the current posts list of frequent readers.

One is allowed to have no more than three active threads in the sales forum at any given time.

You are strongly encouraged to put the make and model of what you are selling in the title.

And as was posted earlier, you can, after 7 days, simply repost your sale to get your thread back to the top of the sales forum list.

Many, many other forums "bump" sales threads to the top of the FOR SALE section when a new post is added. QRZ does not.

K2HAT likes this.
  9. KN7S

"Bump" is not discouraged. Typically it does you no good however. The default sorting for Ham Radio Gear For Sale is to place the new threads at the top of the list. It does not account for new posts to threads. You can, after you log on, set the sort so the thread with the newest post or reply goes to the top of the list.

K2HAT likes this.
  10. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Bumping is no different than cutting in line.

N3AB likes this.