How To POTA!!!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD9LFZ, Jan 19, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K7FD

K7FD Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a park just down the hill...hmmm

John

2. KZ4TN

KZ4TN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Leah, another great video, thanks. Bet you're looking forward to warmer weather. I know how cold it can be in WI.

73, KZ4TN

3. K0BZ

K0BZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great video and thanks for taking the time to create it. I learned a lot about the POTA process. Would be an easy 5 stars if your shirt said "GO ARMY!" :D

KI5AAI likes this.
  4. KF5ZPL

KF5ZPL Ham Member QRZ Page

POTA getting started-
    Good Info! I often thought of activating a park.
    Your video makes it sound easy and simple.
    You make me want totake some time and explore my area.
    Thank you!
    Post more info on the highlights 0f the POTA's you activated
    KF5ZPL
    Brad

5. W3AAX

W3AAX Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for getting out there and having fun Leah! We have some really nice changes coming to the https://pota.us site that will help with sorting bands, DXCC entities, modes, etc... so stay tuned. I just saw 45 park activations at the same time just this Saturday, so things are really picking up, and looking forward to getting a QSO with you and your family at some point. 73 W3AAX

6. VE4AJM

VE4AJM Ham Member QRZ Page

Can anyone contact a POTA operator? Do I need to do something special during the contact? Do I need to report it anywhere to help out the POTA station?

7. KZ4TN

KZ4TN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You only need to provide the standard contact exchange and log the contact if you wish. Many times it will be helpful for the POTA activator if you log into the POTA website and can provide a spot of the activator on the "current activations" page. POTA activators can self spot but only if they have cell phone access. Leah's video explains how to log on to the POTA website.
    73, KZ4TN

VE4AJM and KI5AAI like this.
  8. KI5AAI

KI5AAI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

+1 I try to always re-spot if possible. Makes it easier for people to see who is out there.

W1NPE likes this.
  9. VE4AJM

VE4AJM Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, I will answer them from now on. I was intimidated by the lack of understanding what was going on and whether it was like a net that I had to belong to.

10. WS9K

WS9K Ham Member QRZ Page

Very cool !