ad: CQMM-1

How to participate in the military cross band test,

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4JLE, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Holy Maxim Batman! Roll out the radiomobile!

Is this an example of what a once proud and knowledgeable service has become?

Yes, afraid so!

Eight pages of debate over an event that has been going on for decades simply because some fellows do not know Amateur law or history.

It's sad, very sad. Our traditions and activities are being flushed away right before our eyes.

For those who know and understand, have fun during the upcoming Armed forces day. For those who don't seem to get it, might I suggest a bit of reading is in order?

Oh and before you start ragging on my credentials:

9 Years active US Army
    1 Year US Army MARS @ AAM5USA Ft. Sill, OK.
    24 Years as an Amateur, most of them as Extra class.

I think I'm pretty well qualified to speak on this issue.

73 Gary

2. EI9JU

EI9JU Ham Member QRZ Page

With all due respect, the thread has probably done more to promote this and other MARS events than anything else gone before, for me the "punchline" was without the FCC's continued dispensation it would be illegal.
    I don't think anyone has to know rules, clauses and sub-clauses in their entirety, knowing they exist and having the common sense to investigate them should the need arise is what's relevant and if there's still doubt ask someone, the internet makes it very easy to ask advice or seek clarification, no-one should be berated for doing so.

3. N8CPA

N8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

No disputing your credentials, Gary. I think it's a reflection that, nowadays, there are so many more entry points into AR than there were 25 or 30 years ago. And some of those entry points are not as rich in comprehensive amateur lore as ours were.

4. AB8CL

AB8CL Ham Member QRZ Page

This is my favorite ham radio event of the year. I always look forward to getting the nice letter and QSL card
    from HQ US Army Signal Corps ( I was in the Army Signal Corps). If you haven't yet participated in this you are definitely missing out one of amateur radio's finest events. For those who would think this is against the rules
    ie. Part 97....study the other 30%.
    Keith AB8CL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.