How to message the other station

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by GI0JHS, May 20, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. GI0JHS

GI0JHS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

How do i message the station i had just contacted , is this by entering a message in my comments part of the log book and will they receive the message on there remarks section ,
    i usually receive comments from other station's via edit my log in QRZ but i dont know how this is done
    Thanks

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

To request a confirmation:
    Open your logbook
    Find the QSO or QSOs you wish to initiate the request to and check the box(es) at the right end of the row
    Scroll to the bottom of the column and click on the ACTION button
    Select request

To check for incoming requests:
    Open your logbook
    Click on INCOMING

As to Comments, the entry in your logbook can only be viewed by you and the same is true in the case of your worked party. Comments can not be shared as others cannot access your logbook nor can you access theirs.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    KN8DAP likes this.
  3. GI0JHS

GI0JHS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes understand the incoming button , i get messages from the Edit and Manage your web logs and there i can see messages so i was wondering how i can also do this , i do understand the privacy about a log book but was looking to confirm a contact via another way rather than or plus eqsl

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You are looking for another way to confirm QSOs

Confirmations are achieved when both parties are QRZ Logbook users and each has entered the QSO in their respective logbooks wherein the records match by callsigns, band, mode, and date/time within a 30-minute window. If you have setup the LoTW Access feature in QRZ, then you may download from LoTW and receive credit for your LoTW confirmed QSOs.

I am not familiar with the reference to "Edit and Manage your web logs". Any suitable means to contact your worked party and resolve differences is acceptable.

5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

He indicates Direct. Since he doesn't offer an email address you could try using the Conversations function. It works like a PM. Trying doing something with the logbook might not be productive. I never go thru and look for comments.