ad: portazero-1

How To Install & Test The Yaesu YF-122S SSB Filter For The Yaesu Ft-857D

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N4CPR, May 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. LU1EW

LU1EW Ham Member QRZ Page

I don´t know how will perform the FT857 with that 2.3 khz filter.
    But I´ve installed in my FT897 an INRAD #726 (Bandwidth 2900 Hz/ Center Frequency 455.0 kHz/ Mode SSB), and it had an impressive change. More selectivity and excellent audio either in reception or transmission (with the MD100 mic is a goal).
    As I´ve said, you must adjust settings of carrier points, listening your TCVR with another radio, first to avoid transmitting on both side bands (upper and lower at the same time), and second to get the audio improvement related to the higher bandwidth of the filter.
    73 s! LU1EW

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    WA7PRC likes this.
  2. WV8A

WV8A Ham Member QRZ Page

After I installed and first kicked in a W4RT Collins 2.3 in my 897D, I was underwhelmed. Noticeable QRM rejection, but practically no audible difference in audio characteristics. Then, I plugged in a good external speaker. Suddenly, the difference was remarkable to hear when switching the filter in and out. The 897 (and I presume 857 also) also allows the filter to be used in the transmit audio path, which does make for "punchier" audio when needed for contesting or DX.
    Chuck, WV8A

3. F4GVO

F4GVO Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the video. I use a FT-857D for a long time now and always asking myself about the use of these filters. Anyway I don't understand how you can tell that it is amazing when, for me, the difference is very little.... And you tested with all DSP filters on, I will happy to hear the test with all DSP off.
    73 de Thierry, F4GVO

4. PU2TBK

PU2TBK Ham Member QRZ Page

Realmente eu gostaria de comprar um filtro de 2.9Khz mas aqui no Brasil isso é muito difícil de encontrar mesmo usado, seria muito bom ter uma pessoa de confiança em algum Pais que tenha esse filtro mais facilmente encontrado pra enviar até mim.

5. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd rather have the 2.9 filter, honestly. Listen:

N1ESH likes this.
  6. N1ESH

N1ESH Ham Member QRZ Page

Now that's impressive