ad: GNOHF-1

How to get to setup?

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by WA9SVD, Sep 8, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't despair. I may go "MAC" yet!:D

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like it came with Win 10. :rolleyes:

Dell should have told you that is normal operation.

Good Luck.

3. WA9SVD

YES, "shoulda. woulda, etc." The kumpewtur ONLY came with a "quick start" set-up (plug it and turn it on) instructions. D_LL has NOT yet been forthcoming (or even aftercoming) with inadditional info.

IF the machine was a "refurb" it "shoulda, woulda" have to be advertised as such, which it was NOT. So either D_LL (the manufacturer) or Fr_y's (the seller) are responsible. I paid full price and I expect FULL performance.

4. WA9SVD

Random "blackouts" (periods of) black screen are NORMAL??? in Windoze 10? GIMME a break!!!. These "black outs" are approximately 3-5 seconds long, and can occur from 2 minutes after boot up, and can be anywhere for up to 5 seconds between "black out" and sometimes hours. It happens with three different keyboards, and two different monitors, SO, the source IS the kumpewtur, itself.

5. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Send it back and ask for a Computer.

6. K5UNX

K5UNX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

When I boot either of my Dells, when the Dell logo shows up, press the F12 key a few times until you see a message show up that indicates something along the lines of a one time boot . . . . I don't recall the exact message but you will know it when you see it.