How to get logbook entries confirmed

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by AC2MM, Feb 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
  1. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The only QSO records that can appear in a User’s logbook, whether by manual entry, import or otherwise, are those identified with the logbook’s unique callsign and date range.

Regardless of the default source, the data appearing in a QSO record is ultimately the User’s responsibility to control by editing.

If a mismatch exists in a required field between the data in your record and that of your worked party, to resolve the issue you must determine which of the entries is correct. If your record is incorrect, resolve it by editing. Otherwise, contact your worked party by e-mail or private message and attempt to resolve the issue.

2. AC2MM

AC2MM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Respectfully, this issue irks me....
    When I look up a call sign, whether it's here, ARRL or HrdLog, etc, and they report the same Grid Square that I have, then why are these people putting down something else?
    Doesn't a ham know his own Grid Square?

Regardless, whatever is attached to his base of operations (unless he's doing an expedition, obviously), I can only put down the information that is attached to that base.
    As far as a few guys roaming around in their RV's, my understanding is that they are still supposed to use their base Grid Square attached to their home address, otherwise they could be reporting 50 different grid squares. But that's not the problem here. Every one of the 15 that was reported as wrong was wrong because of the other operator. This boggles my mind.
    So now I have to send 15 emails or messages to these people to pay attention to their correct grid square. (Not in those words exactly).
    What a waste of time...

On another note, you have an award for "Counties", but you don't explain what's required, how many, etc. Could you point me to this info please? I simply don't know how to keep track of "Counties". They're not listed anywhere I know of.

Have a nice night :)
    Robert

3. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Open your logbook; click on Awards
    Click on Rules
    also
    Select your callsign and scroll to select award then click to Analyze; lists are shown here.

I appreciate that some users expect perfect logging especially in seeking confirmations and awards, however this is relatively impossible to achieve. There is no legal requirement to log, some do, some don’t. Of those that log, what and where they log and how accurately they do is at their own discretion. The best you can do is to follow-up to the extent you can or wish to and then drop it and move on. Find another QSO to work that might meet the need.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  4. AC2MM

AC2MM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That makes sense.
    Thanks,
    Robert