How to Fix a Bad Radio Voice

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N8FVJ, Oct 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

A Ham since 1985. I heard females in round table discussions with no one interrupting to talk to her, but never heard a woman calling CQ. Granted I do not operate that much, mostly just on weekends all my career. I do talk more lately as I am retired now.

2. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Perhaps. But the voice you use for the newspaper probably could NOT be repeated here.:(:p It is, after all, supposed to be a "G" rated website.:rolleyes:

AG4RT likes this.
  3. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

YL ops are worth an easy 10 dB on the bands. :)

4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Just don't say, "How many pounds are ya throwing at me, Mama?" :eek:

WZ7U likes this.
  5. K1LKP

K1LKP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

DONT WORRY BE HAPPY JAMES.jpg

DON'T BE CONCERNED ABOUT FIXING A BAD VOICE.

YOU HAVE BEEN A HAM FOR A LONG TIME.

ENJOY THE BANDS AND HAVE LOTS OF FUN.

AB5TY.gif === AB5TY.gif

6. W9RAC

W9RAC Subscriber QRZ Page

In the real world all speech has echo unless its spoken in a acoustic room. It's the dimension you spoke of. The key is only having enough for adding dimension. Just like in the real world, people speaking do not echo. Adding a bit to your mix will make your TX alive and not flat. If its noticed, even remotely, you have too much. With the narrow bandwidth allowed with the W2IHY/ IHY Plus and the 950SD you will be very limited on the results that can be achieved, you will with the right mic be light years ahead of the TX without it if set properly. Removing unwanted features of the audio rather than adding will yield best results. Have fun experimenting! 73 Rich

7. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought the TS-950SD has straight thru audio with the 2.7kHz filter.

8. W9RAC

W9RAC Subscriber QRZ Page

You were trying to learn at a character speed to slow. At a 20 wpm character speed it will take on a unique sound which you will learn to identify. At 20 wpm character speed you will be unable to count. Give it a try your missing alot of fun. 73 Rich

WZ7U likes this.
  9. VK6ZGO

VK6ZGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Glen, I think you and I have left our run as philanderers a trifle late!:D

10. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

The post, yes.
    The thread, not so much.

W9RAC likes this.