How to edit your own forum post?

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by N5BCN, Nov 2, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Staff Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

I erred. Only in Swapmeet will the delete button be available for 30 minutes after posting.
    If you do post something in other forums and you wish to delete your post, you do not need to use Edit and then a period before posting. Just edit you post and erase all the text, pics, etc. At the end of 30 minutes the post will disappear because there is no info contained in it.

N6QIC likes this.
  2. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

N6QIC likes this.
  3. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

That don't work either Dave, you get an error when you try to save an empty post.

4. KN7S

You misunderstand. Type a post and then hit Post Reply. Within 30 minutes Edit your message and delete all the data in it. Do NOT post it again. Just leave it alone and after 30 minutes it should disappear completely. At least that is how it used to work.

5. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

I see. So you have to want to delete bad enough to not move around the site for a half hour. I guess one could open a new browser window...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  6. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

7. N6QIC

Dave I think what are thinking of is this.

If you type in the box but don't post your message the data will still be there if you refresh the page. It was never posted so that data will be gone after 30min. If your computer crashed or you were disconnected when you were typing then you can go back to your post and finish because the data will still be there for 30 min.

help2.jpg

Once you post it, it will not go away unless you remove the data and save it within the 30 min window.

8. N6QIC

Ok even after 1 hour the data is still there. I will just stick with deleting all data and just entering a dot or a smiley face.

help1.jpg

73, Lisa

WR2E likes this.
  9. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, don't work for me either.

10. KN7S

Well, the parameters may have changed over time. This used to work.

N6QIC and WR2E like this.