ad: Schulman-1

How to do RTTY with Kenwood TS-930

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by WA2FTV, Jul 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. WA2FTV

WA2FTV Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings Everybody,

I was wondering if anybody in the group knows haw to set up the TS-930 to operate RTTY. Hopefully someone in the group can give me some guidance.

I have a Kenwood TS-930 for an would like to give RTTY a try. I was considering a RigExpert TI-5000, but the schematic for the interface cable for this radio does not appear to support RTTY, even though the radio has a RTTY connection and a FSK position on the mode switch.

I have attached copies of pages from the TS-930 owner's manual plus a copy of the TS-930S schematic from the RigExpert website. I have circled the sections of the owner's manual that pertain to RTTY. The TS-930S has a FSK position on the mode switch. The manual speaks of using the RTTY and the phone patch connections to use RTTY.
    The RigExpert website cable schematic TS-930S does not show a connection for RTTY. The TS-930S manual speaks of using the RTTY connection on the rear panel and the phone patch connections to use RTTY.

If there is someone in the group that can explain how to set up for RTTY, I would appreciate it very much.

Please let me know.

Thank You for you assistance and Best Regards,

Cedric Kron
    FCC Callsign: WA2FTV
    Amateur Extra
    H:(585) 392-7681
    C:(585) 490-8300
    Residence: Colorado
    E-mail: WA2FTV@frontier.com
    Time is UTC (Universal Coordinated Time)

Attached Files: