How to develop skills for beyond the rubber-stamp QSOs

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by JL1DCA, Feb 7, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. JL1DCA

JL1DCA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Quote: Sometime I feel that I'm reading a foreign language even though they are in English.:) I'm like K7MEM post 2, I have problems with the English language myself and~~

I feel relieved and a little surprised to know that. My English is acquired mostly from the education at school and from the grammar book.
    Therefore, for instance, I would say " Sometimes I feel as though I were reading a foreign language even though it is in English" instead.
    My English should be no way flexible or easy to read, namely, bookish.

JL1DCA Dan

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  2. KA4Z

KA4Z Guest

Dan,
    Whats amazing about your thread is I never really thought about when I am working DX to a non primarily speaking English country that the person on the other end my not know any thing but, as you put it, "CW cookie cutter" QSO's because for the most part that's really all I've had while working DX. I can see why it would be difficult.

Well you know, now that I read your reply you are probably correct in the way you would write it and I am probably wrong. I guess technical instructions might be considered it instead of they. :p
    Now I'm doubting my English! I love it! See what I mean?
    English class in high school was my worst subject so I guess I earned it. Sometime it takes me forever, it seems, to write a post on these forums because when I read what I have written I have to go back and edit out the junk to make it come out right and most of the time it doesn't. :rolleyes:

KA4Z Charlie

3. JL1DCA

JL1DCA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That would be better said as " Sometimes I feel as if I were reading a foreign language though it is English."

M6GYU likes this.