ad: ProAudio-1

How to configure PHP file to your specific radio?

Discussion in 'RFinderPi - Open Source radio interface based on R' started by W1NDG, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. W1NDG

W1NDG Ham Member QRZ Page

I stopped by your booth at the ARRL Convention and you showed me how the system works. I was able to install everything on my pi. I have barely any knowledge of Python and was wondering what sections of the script should I modify to make the system work with my radio. I currently made a copy of radio_FT817 so I could modify it in any way. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am trying to connect this to my ANYTONE mobile radio.

also at the convention you showed me how to fix the permissions. Your script on the image was blank with no coding so I couldn't figure out how to fix the permissions. I figured out how to see what permissions I have on the ttyUSB0 but I can't find a way to fix all of the permissions and keep it that way.

2. W2CYK

W2CYK Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Nat...

OK...first thanks for participating...

In the /var/www there is a fix permissions script...its php so you have to run php <script name>...
    php rfcon_Fix_ttyUSB0_Permissions.php

Alternatively handle it at the top of your script...in the top of the script do a exec('sudo chmod 777 /dev/ttyUSB0');
    This should set the permissions at the start of the script.

What radio are you working on? I can give you a rough algorithm if I know...the are ALL different...if you look in the FT857 script its documented and tells you what we are doing in it. FT has specific requirements for formatting the commands so a lot fo the code does that for the Yaesu. Yours will be completely different...

Here to help..shoot me the radio name...

Bob

3. W1NDG

W1NDG Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the help so far. I have the Anytone at-5888uv mobile radio. I have been looking online for any information about the radio but haven't found anything so far, the radio is still pretty new.

4. W2CYK

W2CYK Ham Member QRZ Page

I have looked around...not much on this...the user manual does not cover programming commands. I think this unit does not do realtime programming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.