How to Become a Verified Member

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Is the 2FA no longer a nuisance?

2. W7BBQ

W7BBQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Because lord knows NOBODY can fake a picture of a drivers license, right?

Birth certs either.....

I still consider it a silly requirement.

3. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's still a nuisance, but these days I am more inclined to carry my iPhone around with me all the time.

Also, I try to log-off and then re-log-in to all devices on the same day once a month or so, so that all the 2FA activity is more or less syncrhonized.

4. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's a lot harder to do that in such a way that it isn't obvious upon close examination.

A black-and-white text document such the FCC license downloads? Fairly easy.

5. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

It's usually a good idea to actually try doing something that you think is easy before you announce your opinion to the world.

W4KVW likes this.
  6. KS4W

KS4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Then don't do it and just move along...

7. W7BBQ

W7BBQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Defendi it if you wish. No skin off my nose. But it is still a silly construct providing NO additional level of security. A picture ID serves no purpose if the holder is not standing in front of you with the original document.and then the only purpose is to make it seem they may go with the document.

Teenagers have been pumping out fake IDs since long, long before I was around.

W4KVW likes this.
  8. KS4W

KS4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

As far as I recall I have never defended it. You can choose to either continue complaining here or, as I said above, move on.

AJ4GQ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.