How to Become a Verified Member

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by AA7BQ, May 28, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KC3AK

KC3AK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I do not have a cell phone, only a landline. How can I become verified.

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

That's all been explained already in this thread. Please go back and start from the beginning.

Dave
    W7UUU

AJ4GQ, N3AB and KS4W like this.
  3. K9ILL

K9ILL Ham Member QRZ Page

I got my info uploaded also and QRZ sent a message with a code. After I entered the code, QRZ said I was verified but there is no "VERIFIED" on my QRZ page as of yet.

4. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

New How-To Video on using 2FA Without a Cell Phone, by AA7BQ

5. W9MT

W9MT Ham Member QRZ Page

The wizard qrz.com has posted for Firefox is not clear on the actual steps for version 67.0.1 (I use the 64 bit flavor). In my installation there is an extra step where I need to "import" the .p12 file for my callsign into Firefox. This is not mentioned in the wizard.

This step sets up the pointer to tell Firefox where the certificate file is in the computer's file structure. If the .p12 gets moved anywhere else it will need re-importing. After doing this, everything worked well.

So, fyi....

6. VA2WR

VA2WR Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't have a cell phone. OK Thanks for the video.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019 at 4:41 PM
  7. K7QBW

K7QBW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Followed the instructions and within 2 hours all done, no issues, no problems.

8. W1VET

W1VET Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a problem sending my Drivers Lic for ID to anyplace that isn't a government and even then I am reluctant. Would the manager like to send me a photo copy of his driver Lic first So I can verify who is getting mine?

K7JOE likes this.
  9. KS4W

KS4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So why don't you go the LoTW route? That's what I did.

N4DJC and K7JOE like this.
  10. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

But you're willing to post your email publicly as part of your signature line? QRZ is trying to make it tough for scammers and you're making it easy.

WZ7U and KP4SX like this.