How to Become a Verified Member

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Getting Verified at QRZ isn't difficult. You should be able to complete the process in just a few minutes.

There are two things that you have to do:

1. Establish Two Factor Authentication (2FA) on your account.

2. Send a photo ID, or LOTW TQSL certificate using the upload tool provided. (Photo ID is accepted for users in the United States and LOTW is accepted for amateurs worldwide)

Everything happens from the Account page off of the main QRZ menu. To find this menu, go either to your call sign page, or to the home page. Look at the Blue menu bar at the top and note your call sign at the far right. Click on your call sign and a drop down menu will appear. Click the first item labeled Account.

At the top of the Account page you'll see your current 2FA and Verified status. Click on the links provided to setup 2FA and then to submit your docs to become Verified.

Please DO NOT SEND a copy of your USA amateur radio license. These have no identification value.

DO SEND a Government Issued PHOTO ID.

Once you have setup 2FA and submitted your Docs, a QRZ administrator will review your info and approve your Verification status.

9 June 2019: New video demonstrating 2FA setup is here
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?th...-factor-authentication-w-o-cell-phone.661624/

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    W6YSI and W8AGS like this.
  2. K7OEO

K7OEO Ham Member QRZ Page

Forgive my ignorance, but I cannot find the upload tool. Please advise!

Steve, K7OEO

3. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

....Everything happens from the Account page off of the main QRZ menu. To find this menu, go either to your call sign page, or to the home page. Look at the Blue menu bar at the top and note your call sign at the far right. Click on your call sign and a drop down menu will appear. Click the first item labeled Account....

N4FZ and AJ4GQ like this.
  4. W9BHI

W9BHI Ham Member QRZ Page

I am in my account and I see no tools there there for uploading any documents.
    Don W9BHI

5. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As someone who travels between countries, this presents a host of problems.

For one, I don't keep a US cell phone. I use a foreign one.

Two, Google Authenticator also asks for a cell phone number. If I opt not to use it, I am given a warning that if I do not add other devices now, I will not be able to add them in the future.

WTH??

I move between different computers in different locations.

In my opinion, this will ruin your forum, unless there are modifications. It's too restrictive.

KA1JY, WB2CM, WB5MG and 1 other person like this.
  6. W6GQ

W6GQ Swap Meet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Try this

https://www.qrz.com/manager

7. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is the LoTW certificate still usable? You should say so. I sure as hell would NEVER send a copy of a Government Issued Photo ID to some hobby website. That's overreach!

WB5MG, W4KVW, K4CBW and 5 others like this.
  8. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

qrz.JPG

KP4SX likes this.
  9. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't have a connected smart phone. There should be another way.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

KA1JY likes this.
  10. WA2ORO

WA2ORO Ham Member QRZ Page

i only use a landline phone do not have a cell phone how will this work then ? Greg WA2ORO N BABYLON NY

NK3V and KA1JY like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.