How many of you guys actually use CW

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by VE6WTF, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. PE2YSB

PE2YSB Ham Member QRZ Page

count me in!

i'll read only and send an SWL report because i''m new with cw

2. DJ1YFK

DJ1YFK Guest

Almost CW only here since 1998. Some SSB in contests in disguise, mostly at M/S or M/M stations.

I'm ready for any CW sked, at any speed you like. QRV on all HF bands with decent antennas and QRO.

3. PE2YSB

QRO..... 10w in ssb on a piece of wire get me all over europe in ssb. (best dx this month 3300 km) QRP rulezzzzzz

4. DJ1YFK

DJ1YFK Guest

I have worked lots of DX with as little power as 10mW (e.g. numerous US stations on 10m, during the sunspot maximum) and enjoy working with QRP, especially with homemade equipment. The other day I worked VR2 on 30m with 5W, using my Elecraft K2.

But in many cases a little more power is very helpful. Especially for CW-beginners, it just adds to the difficulcy of making the first CW QSOs, when the signal they have to copy is very weak.

I am neither one of those who always have the PA running, nor one of the QRP fanatics. I just use the power level which is needed to maintain comfortable communication.

5. PE2YSB

i like QRP a lot, but not QRPP, just 5w or 10w.
    at the moment i'm using a ts-120v (10w) on a tuned wire, at the school ham club i can work qro (up to a few kW if i want to). But QRP is just more fun.
    it's more difficult, i don't make 30 qso's an hour, maybe 4 but that makes it more fun and special.

6. n1ydx

n1ydx Ham Member QRZ Page

Gotta luv CW.

Just today called a VR2X/MM and found it was a 300 foot oil tanker entering Panama Cana. Nice QSO with Lieu the operator who's home port is Hong Kong.

Sure I operate CW

N1YDX - Why D X ? Cuz it's fun

7. KB1LQD

KB1LQD Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok well great, ill definatly want to SKED with you guys on CW, just give me a few days, because school is starting wensday and gotta get that going again....

8. KI4HWC

KI4HWC Ham Member QRZ Page

I am 14 and I have messed around with CW but have never really stayed with it

9. WA2ZDY

WA2ZDY Guest

Been a CW op since I was 13. Too much noise and annoyance gets through the SSB filter for my taste. Only things getting through the 500Hz filter is CW and digital, and I type enough online.

10. KG4YUV

KG4YUV Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like to share an e-mail I received today...
    It began with them quoting the first few lines of my QRZ bio...

Why do they insist on bothering me??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.