How many of you guys actually use CW

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by VE6WTF, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KB1LQD

KB1LQD Ham Member QRZ Page

still my main mode, i love it [​IMG] .... 17 yrs old here, i've met a few other youths completely randomly on cw as well....

2. WQ2N

WQ2N Ham Member QRZ Page

CW is my favorite mode. I am 15 got my license in November 2004 and never thought I could learn CW. EASY!! I first started out by sending it via MixW software and I would receive it. I would often have QSO's by sending "canned" CW, so I could get the hang of it. Now that is the mode I operate most often. I operate about 25-30WPM and receive about the same. No more "canned" CW. During my last trip to C6-Bahamas I operated 70% CW and 29%Digi-Modes and than 1% SSB contacts. Many think it is complicated, but once you get the hang of it, its very fun and easy.

3. KG4YUV

KG4YUV Ham Member QRZ Page

17 years old here. Just by looking at me, you would never guess I'm an amateur: football player build, dressed in AE, slight tan.

I received runner-up in GA section ARRL young ham of the year and my certificate stated in one part, "for his dedication to CW". I use it quite often, I run a 10 meter beacon, CW FISTS member. It's a great thing, sadly so many are afraid of it.

4. PE2YSB

PE2YSB Ham Member QRZ Page

i just started with cw, looks like fun [​IMG]

5. NR4AW

NR4AW Ham Member QRZ Page

I am probably about 40% CW and 50% fone. I like CW better than fone but its easier to operate fone while filling out QSL cards.

6. KC8UPG

KC8UPG Ham Member QRZ Page

i work cw almost exclusively

7. MI0JVI

MI0JVI Ham Member QRZ Page

I use CW and fone, 20%: 80% respectively. Im only learning CW, receive is being worked on- I'm at 8WPM and have reached what one might call a "Stumbling block".

Anything under 8WPM at the moment is fine, but a little trouble with anything over that

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I operate CW a lot (and I am youth, under 13 youth). I have only made a couple QSO's though because everyone wants the 15 wpm instead if the 10 wpm. I also don't have the best antenna conditions but I have done some. So I guess "a lot" means "CQ CQ de kc0vvu".
    hi hi. Anyway, I am working on it fellas.

73's
    [​IMG]

9. KI4MYD

KI4MYD Ham Member QRZ Page

I use CW very often. Mostly as practice with a local ham friend of mine. He wants to help his speed, and I want to get better at sending. We usually practice on 10m 2 or 3 times a week. I send around 10wpm and same for him according to his computer program. But generally it varies.

It sounds like me and KG4YUV fit the same profile, aside from I don't have the recognition he does. [​IMG]

10. KB1LQD

KB1LQD Ham Member QRZ Page

heres a thought, how about CW Scheds between youth hams only? one on one or groups.... fun [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.