How many look at 'for sale ads' often ?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KH8AC, Nov 5, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KH8AC

KH8AC Ham Member QRZ Page

How many look at 'for sale ads' often ? I look for oddities and maybe something needed/wanted or ?

OK. You see something. At least I might re-check up on the item or maybe even snoop how scarce something might be and possibly a long list.

You send a message/email etc. to the seller. Now if you are #1 allot of time spent over nothing when the item is sold to anybody who responds at any time ? (maybe #679684235997 gave a few perks to move up?)

Just get irked when if #1 it is sold to Joe anybody who is # ? days later.

Any guidelines over such ? Why be in a hurry ?

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Not entirely sure I get your question - but if you're asking why things sell quickly before you have a chance to buy it first, that's just the way it goes. First to commit gets it.

Also, remember that a seller is under absolutely zero compulsion to sell to "the first person who responds". He can sell to the first, the third, or the one he thinks has the nicest QRZ page :) It's entirely at his discretion to whom he sells his stuff.

Does that answer your question?

Dave
    W7UUU

W4RAV and N0TZU like this.
  3. KH8AC

KH8AC Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes. OK..I have to digest such. I just find it irritating to have somebody promise a sale to you and sell it to anybody else.

#1--waiting to see if sale goes through... (the seller) If it does not IT IS YOURS.

THEN a few hours later SOLD TO SOMEBODY ELSE.

(as if you were a trashcan)

Ah...not my day....

KA0HCP likes this.
  4. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Them's the breaks of the market place.

Suggested strategy: Offer more money than the asking price! ;)

K7MH and KJ4VTH like this.
  5. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Oooops, that's not what happened in your example above. When the seller says, "-waiting to see if sale goes through...If it does not IT IS YOURS", it means he has already agreed to sell it to Ham A and is awaiting payment, but if payment doesn't come through, then you are next in line. "THEN a few hours later SOLD TO SOMEBODY ELSE." That means that Ham A's payment came through.

6. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

If it sells fast , it was probably a good deal , 1st in line gets it .

Spoiled !

The world is getting self-centered these days - dang kids these days ;)

This is called calibration - measure against standards - alignment - adjust to standards .

7. NE1U

NE1U Ham Member QRZ Page

When I have finally decided that there is a something that I almost must have, I look at old ads looking for that "thing" that has not yet sold. If I find it, yaaay .. as the seller is likely interested in selling at a better price than originally posted. Maybe it fits my budget, maybe not. If not, then I guess I wasn't so ready to get it now.

For me generally speaking, this does not include electronics. I will rarely buy anything newly posted, but that is just me.

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I sell to anyone I want in the list - 1st, 5th, dead last, or the one who says "I'll pay you double" :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N0TZU, N3AB and KD0CAC like this.
  9. AG5WC

AG5WC Ham Member QRZ Page

Only on QRZ would someone first licensed in the 60s get lumped into "kids these days"! ;)

10. W7UUU

Only through the magic of sarcasm :)

Dave
    W7UUU

NE1U likes this.