How Many HF Bands Do You Have Antennas For?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by NN4RH, Aug 12, 2017.

?

What bands do you have antennas for ?

1. VHF/UHF Only

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. Only 1 HF band

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. 2-3 HF bands

10 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. 4-5 HF bands

25 vote(s)
    17.5%
  5. 6 or more HF bands

99 vote(s)
    69.2%
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-3
  1. K2CAJ

K2CAJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So far I've built a full-length horizontal dipole, an inverted-V dipole, a half square, a GP vertical, and an STL --- but they've all been cut for 20m.

Whenever I have the chance to get on the air it's usually in an afternoon time window when 20m is active, and there's a lot for me to learn before I ever need to futz around with other bands.

2. N0YPD

N0YPD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Should have incorporated a number of antennas being used along with somehow. Could be fun seeing how many antennas on average.

3. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

137' OCFD Drake MN2700B , 312' horizontal loop Heathkit 2060 , 34' vertical Sg-230 auto, dedicated 10 and 11m ground planes, 40m doublet , various experiments .

The OCFD is most of HF with issues at 15 and 12m but has a bit of 11 and 6m as a bonus. The horizontal loop will tune 160 but isn't that good (needs work, actually I do, I was a bit daft on the install) . The vertical will tune anywhere but the ears are lacking a bit . The ground planes are what they are. For special occasions the 40m doublet gets traded out for 12, 15, 17, 20m or what ever .

So is it fair to count 5 bands as designed (11 and 6m as a bonus) for the OCFD
    The loop for all but some of 160 and all except 17m ( for unknown reasons) with a deep and abrupt notch in the 2mSSB sub band for another (even though the question was "HF") . Call it 2 more for 15 and 12m .

The dedicated doublets are repeats so , none here.

Active receiving antennas? PA0RDT mini whip? then 2 here .

So 9 is a fair inventory :)

4. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Single band Dipoles for 160 , 80 and 30 M, A full wave horiz loop for 40M , EDZ for 20M that works well on 5-28 MHz, HF6V vertical, 10M Yagi, plans for more.
    I am always hopping bands depending on what's open, Working on SKCC single band awards, all I need to have all HF bands completed is 12M now.
    I also have a wire V vertical hanging in trees for SWL BC, AERO and Maritime bands. That feeds a tunable preamp and my 2nd antenna port on the FT990.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  5. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

I would have asked, "how many antennas and for what bands , do you have up?"

6. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry,
    There are 9 ! nine HF bands. 160M is a MF band and one of my favorites is 60, sixty Meters 5332 to 5405 kHz.

7. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm limited to stealth antennas at home and have the following:

Two inverted vee dipoles with the center point at 18' 40/20M
    A long wire with tuner that tunes 0n 80/40/20/15/10M

They all work....but my portable 40/20M inverted vee mounted at 24' in the boonies outperforms them all easily.
    Location, location, location...!

8. K6LPM

K6LPM Ham Member QRZ Page

The question should be how man different antennas do you have on different bands. I have one antenna on all bands.

9. KB1CKT

KB1CKT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have two antennas up: 135' dipole at 35' or so, and a ground mounted 6BTV. The 6BTV covers six bands. The dipole could conceivably go 80-10 (and more?) but I only ever use it on 80m.

10. 2I0KIC

2I0KIC Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a Half Size G5RV 4oM - 10M and I use an MFJ 993B Auto ATU.
    I will be putting up an up an 80M - 10M vertical just trying to decide which one???
    73s

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017