ad: hrd-2

How many ham systems use compression?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KX4Z, Sep 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. K0IDT

K0IDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Not to worry, there's a special file at the FCC for "special" filings from "special" people.

KA4DPO likes this.
  2. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

I think he knew he was trapped.

He can’t answer those questions, either because he doesn’t know the answer or the answer would reveal his biases.

A lot of the people here are spouting pure nonsense and ignorance. And the most amazing thing is they don’t seem to care. But then it is a free country!!

3. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, what these guys don’t like is that I am doing all the things they said were impossible.

4. WB6CXC

WB6CXC Ham Member QRZ Page

People can read these messages with the current compression in place. Sure, if you get a deep fade or QRM and you miss a packet, you can't read that packet, and perhaps some of the following packets. The same holds true to some extent for CW or SSB or RTTY.

5. DL6MAA

DL6MAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Simply replace "PACTOR IV" with "PACTOR I" or "VARA" or "RTTY", makes absolute not difference regarding the challenge of recovering compressed messages over an noisy fluctuating HF channel.
    So simply stop putting down PACTOR and spreading false claims!

6. N8OHU

N8OHU Ham Member QRZ Page

This is true, but there are those that don't want the extra layers to deal with.

7. DL6MAA

DL6MAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, the monitoring modem (PMON) does only need one copy of a packet that is possibly repeated several times by the actual packet sender.
    As soon as it has received one copy, it will not display futher copies of the same packet. That is exactly what PMON does on "PMON PACKETS 0".

So, if the packet sender has to repeat a packet many times, PMON has a much easier job. It only must receive one single copy of that packet,
    i.e. has more than one chance for doing this...

KX4O likes this.
  8. N9LYA

N9LYA Ham Member QRZ Page

That is why I said previously in another thread, We all need to become Police and watch the likes of 80 Meters AM/SSB, RTTY and other operators, the coin has two sides... Those who live in glass houses..

What is more funny those arguing against Gordons Information are clearly desperate to say the least, no reasonable argument only Character Attacks Typical of them.

9. N8OHU

N8OHU Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes. I find it amusing when people that don't know how often I get on the radio to do anything assume that because I'm associated in some way with Winlink, that's the only thing I ever do when using the radio. I also find it amusing when people dig for things that were said years ago, or part of a particular person's FCC filing and use this as a basis for wild claims.

10. K0IDT

K0IDT Ham Member QRZ Page

You're pretty good at trying to make people feel small and insignificant. I have 2 things for you before you make the list, it's very short, only 1 other on it. 1. Post #55, and 2. the number 14.

Have a nice day, mine just got a lot better :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.