How many different modes have you worked?

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by K2NCC, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

double. deleted.

2. K2NCC

Received an electronic QSL from RNZI today.... a few months after the paper one (and a bumper-sticker) showed up for my report.

RNZI_digitalQSL.PNG

Here's their schedule:
    http://www.rnzi.com/pages/schedules.php

A video sample of decoding here and a different decode here.
    Used two different decoders for those examples. Download Dream DRM here. Download SoDiRa here.

3. KB2HSH

KB2HSH Ham Member QRZ Page

GREAT TOPIC!!!

Let's see:
    (not in any particular order)

ALE
    ALE400
    RTTY
    AM
    FM
    CW
    SSB
    G-TOR
    APRS (both on 2m AND 30m)
    JT65A (my current favorite!!)
    JT9
    MFSK-8
    MFSK-16
    OLIVIA(16/500 commonly)
    THROB
    HELL
    DOMINO-8
    PSK31
    PSK63
    ROS (even though it was pretty lousy)
    MEPT_JT (commonly known as WSPR)
    MT63 (one of my favorites)
    QRSS
    SSTV
    ACARS (RX-only)
    FSK441

Going to do some JT65/JT9 when I get home!

73 de John KB2HSH

K2NCC likes this.
  4. K2NCC

Great list John! My TNC has G-TOR, so perhaps I might talk you into working that one again. And QRSS.

ROS I used for 6 months as WF9XJM, but found myself lacking QSOs with it being illegal in the USA.

FSK441 isn't on my list, but I'd try anything.

JT65, and now JT9, can be quite addictive! Especially with the JT-Alert add-on. Basically pick a band, camp out and wait for what you want, 6 minutes later it's in the log. Bam. Too easy really. Fills up WAS and DXCC pretty quick.

f

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  5. KB2HSH

This was a fun topic! I prefer the digital modes to the "traditional" modes. I suppose it's the technical challenge/aspect of it. As far as G-Tor...ANYTIME! WB2VUO and I used to play around with G-Tor at night when I lived 3 miles away from him. The only rig I have that can do digi-modes (post-divorce, mind you) is my HTX-100. All of my other HF gear (the CRK-10, both Rockmites, and the HW-7) is CW-only.

FSK441 is K1JT's high speed meteor scatter mode. I have used it with an FT-817 and eggbeaters during the December showers. Worked very well. I proposed using it via linear satellite in the past...and even used it on VO-52 with good results. (That radio is now in Australia now...)

JT65 and JT9 have been VERY beneficial to me having a "less-than-ideal" arrangement. Since using JT65, I have increased my QRP DXCC (the real DXCC, not the "QRP DXCC" award from ARRL) country total by at least 25. Got to hand it to K1JT...his software is fantastic!

John KB2HSH

K2NCC likes this.
  6. K2NCC

Thank you for JT65 QSO Paul!

n8hm_k2ncc_jt65_20m.PNG

I see you also use the 1786 mag-loop. What a great antenna and I think especially for digital modes!

7. KB2HSH

DAMN!

Once I'm out of post-divorce debt, I would LOVE a loop like that. It would have to be the one that covers 40m, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.