ad: elecraft

How many different modes have you worked?

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by K2NCC, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Please, name one, please.

I am specifically uninterested in modern computers. I don't need them. I don't need nor want an audience. Stagnant, or consistent and reliable?

Please leave me behind, it's much more peaceful back here.:) I don't have half the worries you do. This is just like when people try to convince me I just have to watch TV. "Oh! How can you live without watching the news?!!"

2. N5OCO

N5OCO Ham Member QRZ Page

I am "in the field" for the next several days. However this thread has me jazzed to try a few new modes when I get back. Right now I mainly use JT-65.

3. N9DSJ

N9DSJ Ham Member QRZ Page

As an original beta tester for Multipsk and JT65-HF (among others) about all!

Difficult part is sub-modes; is Domino EX differentiated from DominoEX with FEC; is ALE400 ARQ FAE separate from ALE400 DTM, DBM and APRS?

PSKAM10 works well :)

Overall a difficult question to answer for me.

Bill N9DSJ

4. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm sorry, but what exactly did you come in here to say? "I hate digital modes" or the like? If you have nothing to contribute the subject... ... well, never mind. It's pointless to feed the trolls.

5. KC9UDX

I answered your question, I didn't realise you were looking for digital-only answers, or I would have not even read the thread, probably.

6. K2NCC

That's my fault. I figured after AM/FM/SSB/CW, the rest would be digital. I'm looking for new modes to try, and perhaps someone to try them with. Like the enjoyable experience of snagging SIM31 with VA3KAB yesterday.

7. K2NCC

It's not a test Bill, no answer is really wrong! 8) I would call something w/and something w/o FEC to be different enough to call it two modes. Or proto vs unproto. Or FM vs HF w/about any mode.

Perhaps I can snag you for PSKAM10?

8. KC9UDX

Maybe a moderator could change the title of the thread to "How many digital modes have you worked?" and delete all my posts in it. It would better suit your purpose. No, I'm not being sarcastic, I think the forum would be better off with this thread fixed.:)

9. K2NCC

Going to be playing around with PSKAM10 today... not much else on the bands from what I can see. Conditions don't appear to be very good at the moment.

I'm on 14.075. Around 1000 off-set. MultiPSK has PSKAM10.

Details about PSKAM10:
    http://f1ult.free.fr/DIGIMODES/MULTIPSK/PSKAM_en.htm

Perhaps I'll snag another video and upload here. Live and simulated video samples of most the most modes in my OP are there. I put them up so folks might get help with "what is that mode" questions. Practice saves time, so take a look if it's your thing too.

I'm willing to camp out there for the rest of my afternoon, so pop in if you're interested.

Feel free to PM me, or if I see you on the waterfall, I'll do my best to snag you.

10. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've tried out every mode that MULTIPSK has to offer. They're all fun for a while, but now even PSK31 leaves me sort of cold. NO soul to it. I still love plain vanilla RTTY, and I also really liked AMTOR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.