ad: chuckmartin

How many different modes have you worked?

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by K2NCC, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Hmm lessee...
    CW, MCW, AM, FM, USB, LSB, and BDBDBDBDB That's all folks!

2. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

Then I have a straight-key here that might do the trick.

If I can figure out, and make the effort and time, I have a HAL CT2100 terminal here that might be fun too. I use it mostly to practice. Haven't had it on the air yet.

3. K2NCC

Not a single digital-mode in that list!

EDIT: Oh, I guess I never specified digi, my bad. 8) Even my own list doesn't meet that.

4. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Actually there's two of them.:p

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  5. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Chronologically
    AM (2M), then 6M
    SSB (USB, LSB)
    FM
    ATV
    CW
    RTTY
    Packet
    PSK31
    PSK63
    JT65

6. K2NCC

Not to belabor a point beat-to-death in a number of threads, MCW I'll accept as a digi-mode, since it requires a computer. But actual CW? Nah. Otherwise honking my horn with your callsign would be a digimode.

It's the only mode we can decode with our brains w/o a computer. And the only mode that is troublesome at best with a computer.

Morse code, for the most part, is analog all the way. Can you say spark-gap?

7. K2NCC

ATV (aka FSTV) is a great one! Not much of that around any more it seems. There's a club that meets once-a-week locally. Info on them here.

Plenty of those old receivers show up (mostly non-hams) on Craigslist cheap if you're interested in receiving that mode.

8. VA3KAB

VA3KAB Ham Member QRZ Page

Mine, in order of most QSOs to least:

PSK31
    RTTY
    PSK63
    JT65
    HELL
    OLIVIA
    MFSK16
    PSK125
    CONTESTI
    DOMINO
    THOR
    THROB
    QPSK31
    QPSK125

There is a new psk type mode I don't see on your list Frank called SIM31, it looks quite interesting, I think I might give it a go. In addition to varicode used for individual characters it also has varicode for words and phrases. http://www.on4nb.be/sim31.htm#English

9. K2NCC

Thank for that! I tried playing w/the SIM1 software sometime in the past, but since it didn't see as many soundcards or ports I have. I forget which, but I think it was having trouble with say, COM12, only seeing up to COM6 or the likes. But I wasn't willing to re-do all my other programs to change it to a number it could see. That was near when it was first released, so perhaps it's been long enough for some of the kinks to be worked out.

Downloading now. I'll revisit it. Thanks again!

10. K2NCC

Wow. There's like 4 people monitoring SIM31. And they're all in Europe. Not a single USA user in the past 24 hours.

Well, if there's anyone reading this that wants to play with the software, drop me a line!

sim31.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.