ad: Flexradio-1

How many different modes have you worked?

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by K2NCC, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
  1. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

2. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, you've got a longer list than I do.

I do CW and SSB, but I also do several of the digital modes, mostly Olivia, MT63, JT65, and PSK. I've been wanting to play with EasyPal but for some reason the software doesn't see my soundcard that I use for the other modes.

3. K2NCC

Not here to compare, but I am a mode-nut for sure. It's kinda like collecting countries for DXCC though... the more you have, the harder new ones are to get.

Try WEFAX, weather fax, it's easy and always something on the air. Get the WX before the weatherman does!

Schedules, freqs, etc are found in this Adobe PDF from NOAA:
    http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/marine/rfax.pdf

SeaTTY does a great job with that mode. MixW and MultiPSK have it built in too.

4. K2NCC

Hey, if there's anyone out there that want's to add a mode to your list, I'm your man.

If we can hear each other, I'll work you any mode you'd like to add to your list.

If it happens to be on my "to do" list above, even better! 8)

I have 10-80M.

thebasicsneverchange.jpg

5. K2NCC

Hey Dave, if you're going to be in the 'hood on the 29th as planned, I'm so gonna talk you into adding a few more modes to your list! 8)

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Reminds me of an old parable...

"Two guys were pissing off a bridge into a stream... first one says 'wow! That water sure is cold!!' and the
    second guy responds 'Yeah... and it sure is DEEP!'

We all do what we can do. Some max it out, others don't.

As long as everyone is having fun, at least "everybody at least knows there's a stream down there"

:)

Dave
    W7UUU

7. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Perhaps... CW is my love - all the rest filters out from there. We'll see.

Dave
    W7UUU

8. K2NCC

Oh my. I don't mean to give the impression I'm comparing dick-sizes here.

There's just as many things others have done more of than me. Not that any of it pays the rent.

In fact, I'm a bit embarrassed that JT65 takes up over half my logbook, nearly 4000 QSOs in that mode. My interest is to pursue new modes and perhaps snag a digi-buddy or two along the way...

9. K2NCC

Then perhaps you'll play with my touch-keyer. As kinky as that sounds. Ever use one of those?

10. W7UUU

Since about 1978 or so.... never was a fan though. I prefer "mechanical things"

Dave
    W7UUU

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.