How many deleted entities have you confirmed?

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K8BZ, Oct 20, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
  1. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That's pretty much what I have too/ I particularly like my Swan Island contact the old CIA radio station off of Honduras
    I have the Russian P5 Teambut North Korea still a country it is not deleted just bogus per the ARRL. The one of the photos of the P5 was definitely shot on the Peace Bridge between Russia and North Korea

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    K8BZ likes this.
  2. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

……

Attached Files:

K8BZ, KD2UHD, NI0C and 1 other person like this.
  3. NM7G

NM7G Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't you hate it when that happens! I've had several re-dos because of deletions. I groaned each time.

K8BZ and K0UO like this.
  4. NM7G

NM7G Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, Romeo's P5RS7 card is in my non-counter file. Reminded me of Don Miller days. Ironically I didn't get burned by Miller's antics.

K8BZ and K0UO like this.
  5. NI0C

NI0C Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a QSL from FR/DJ6SI/G (Glorioso Island), which unfortunately never counted. I still need Glorioso!

Also have a card from 7o1YGF, which ARRL counted for Yemen after several years. That one put me on the Honor Roll.

K8BZ and K0UO like this.
  6. KE9EX

KE9EX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No "exotic" unauthorized operations for me; just a Montserrat.

I got Johnston Island with an HW-8 QRP and a 16-foot wire strung around the 2nd floor back porch of our Chicago apartment.
    I think it was just as the military was winding down operations, before it became a rare one. As a moderate DX'er, I now feel good that I was able to get it.

No "exotic" deleted's either, just old Czechoslovakia, the Canal Zone, and the Dutch Caribbean islands before they were re-arranged.

K8BZ and W7UUU like this.
  7. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

Licensed in 1988...

PJ2Bonaire/Curacao
    OK Czechoslovakia
    DM German Democratic Republic
    PJ7 Sint Maarten, Saba, St Eustatius
    ZS9 Walvis Bay (worked but as a kid never confirmed it.. I contacted the guy years later - he got out of the hobby threw all the logs/qsls out)

8. NM7G

NM7G Ham Member QRZ Page

I snagged one Glorioso station. FR5AI/G, November '89. That's a rare one! There were no web spotting clusters back then. Being on-air on the right day, the right band, and at the right hour often makes all the difference.