How many deleted entities have you confirmed?

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K8BZ, Oct 20, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I don’t see any VK9s on the deleted list. Do you mean two of the three VQ9s?

also, I don’t think R1/M Malyj Vysotskij is deleted. Haven’t found it on any deletion announcements.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  2. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

The two deleted VK9's are:
    (P2,VK9 (Papua Territory); P2,VK9 (Territory of New Guinea)) Only contacts made September 15, 1975, and before, count for this entity.

And yes, Malyj Vystoskij is still a current entity.

K1VSK likes this.
  3. NM7G

NM7G Ham Member QRZ Page

See Note 35: Prior to 9/16/1975 there was a Papua Territory and a New Guinea Territory, separate entities. Some stations signed VK9 and some special calls were AX9. I've cards from AX9SS and AX9DH (both 1970) and VK9XK from 1959, VK9CK from 1969.

Per Note 52, Malyj Vysotskij operations prior to 2/16/2012 are deleted.

K8BZ likes this.
  4. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

DXing since 1958. 21 confirmed deleted

5. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like I have another deleted one I wasn’t aware of.

6. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

Just one.
    BONAIRE,CURACAO (NETH ANTILLES) (DELETED) PJ2MI

7. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

That's good work. It would be an interesting set of cards to see.

I was talking to a ham once on 75 meters (can't remember who he is) and I went to his QRZ page and he had posted a photo of 6 or 7 QSL's from very exotic locations, most of which I still hadn't worked. I told him I was impressed with his QSLs. He laughed and said it was a photo of his "wall of shame" as he called it. They were all unauthorized operations that didn't count for DXCC. He had other valid contacts for most of them. But one was a P5, and his only P5. That would be frustrating. :mad:

8. N7WR

\\The only one I don't have confirmed is P 5. I "worked" a P 5 and as fate would have it, it turned out to be a slim

9. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope you get another chance to get a P5. It would be nice to complete the list.

I'm still missing 10 and my best shot a an ATNO is Bouvet Island if I can get back on the air in time for the expeditions. I'm off the air now, waiting for our new home to be completed. Johnston Island is still on my needed list too, even though I have it worked and confirmed from Guam when I was in the navy (W5TES/KJ6). But it doesn't count from Michigan.

10. N7WR

Hang in there. My last 10 (not counting the bogus P5) took awhile but eventually they made it in the log. Hope your station is back up in time for Bouvet

K8BZ likes this.