how many -30 hams

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by PE2YSB, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. NE3R

NE3R Ham Member QRZ Page

I was a ham < 30 for 15 years. Just turned 30 in Jan 2008. Hopefully one or more of my children will get interested and I can help add to the < 30 ham pool!

73 de Joseph Durnal NE3R

2. KC9MWE

KC9MWE QRZ Member

I'm 24 just got my call almost 2 weeks ago...

As for the "more kids in ham radio"...I don't think there's anything that'll be more effective compared to kids being lured into drinking and partying while they're in high school. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to get younger kids into ham radio, hell I think it's a good idea...but only if it'll withstand the high school period. Some might stop because "it's dorky"...some might not who knows. It's tough in todays society to keep kids out of drinking, drugs, etc.

3. KB1PQB

KB1PQB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Hi my name is jason and i belong to a Venturing crew in Peabody, Ma and we have 5 kids in it and as we do events we try to get other kids interested in ham radio

4. KC9JWA

KC9JWA Ham Member QRZ Page

how many-30 hams

Hello, I'm stephanie, I am, 26. i Do know one young teen ham, As for the rest of my group, hehe, We never will grow up just big kids at heart, Heck its funn, Plus you arent old inless you act it;). This is the first thread i've seen, first time postin that i know of but guess one of topics say otherwise inless it got put in here, Anyway you young hams defintally have a nice forum, Defintally act like Hams should, Need teach some adults that.:eek::rolleyes::D

5. KD5PIT

KD5PIT Ham Member QRZ Page

I am 21 and have had my ticket since like 14/15. I still enjoy it and shall be upgrading soon. Already got the equipment just got to study.

6. WA5BBY

WA5BBY Ham Member QRZ Page

I think ham is a wonderful thing.My grandfather got me into it.I played on cb's for years and my grandpa told me to quit wasting my money on it.Now i know why he said this.Ham is so much better.The main reason i got my tickect is because i have a 3 year old little girl and every time i turned on the cb she heard F this and F that.well thanks grandpa for getting me interested in HAM. 73's KE5SNK

7. AF6WC

AF6WC Ham Member QRZ Page

I had to laugh, I didn't realize that under 30 would categorize me as "youth", sometimes my 27 years feels like so much more. Then again the local club meetings assure me that it isn't.

It's really cool to see others chime in. I know that meeting other younger operators would increase my enjoyment of the social aspect of the hobby. The few that I have met around here are great and we share alot of common interests (*nix especially).

8. KD0CJM

KD0CJM QRZ Member

Just experienced that for the first time last night.

9. KC8QMU

KC8QMU Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm 29, and have been a ham since I was 22. I guess I would be an old timer on the youth forum!!!

10. W2NAP

W2NAP Ham Member QRZ Page

im 26 been ham since march 1 2000

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.