How long is 20 meter conditions going to stink?

Discussion in 'On-Air Operations - Q&A' started by N4GKS, Oct 26, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

They need to calm down and make sure they are transmitting inside the US frequency bands.

2. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

I was wondering if/when someone was going to catch that. You did (they didn't). ;)

3. KA6IBM

KA6IBM Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like me complaining about 10 meters

4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry to hear about 20m. 15 and 80 have been pretty good lately.

5. AI6KX

AI6KX Ham Member QRZ Page

20 was just wide open from Japan to SA and EU around 1000Z, maybe a grayline effect. My Hexbeam is still resting on the concrete roof but I was 559 in Spain with 100 watts. Can't wait to eliminate the handicap and put the Hex up on the tower ;)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  6. AI6KX

Again crazy open around 1100Z to 1230Z. Not much activity except for 4O/KCOW in Montenegro, who was 599+ here for an hour. He was working all over Europe and Japan and then the band collapsed totally! (I couldn't break the pileup :(.

7. K5KTD

K5KTD Ham Member QRZ Page

I heard KK4LS calling CQ on 14.299.00 at 2120Z 11/26/16.

8. AI6KX

It was party like the '70's last night on 20 CW with the CQ DX contest. Not as nuch fun as just making relaxed QSOs, and for sure the louder signals came from monster contest stations, but the propagation was definitely there.

9. N8GB

N8GB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've noticed a decrease in activity during the nighttime, but during the day? Not a big deal really, 20m's been working ok for me. Sure, not much in the way of 7000+ mile contacts, but I've been able to reach .Eu from the east coast just fine. Not to mention, everything in NA/SA have been propagating just fine for me.

10. AL4Y

AL4Y Ham Member QRZ Page