ad: Amateur-1

HOW Is everyone doing on the W1AW/x?

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WA6MHZ, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AA8TA

AA8TA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've noticed that in the last few days my point total has gone down a bit.

Sure wish that I had gotten serious about this sooner than the fall. Got about 2k points on the 31st to land about 1k short of the 15,000 point threshold. Also missed W1AW/Utah because I wasn't on the air in January and had my antennas mostly down for some big-time house remodeling in July. Oh well, it was so much fun. Brilliant move on ARRL's part.

2. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations! That's a pretty phenomenal showing.
    Was hoping 3 of those points would be me but alas it did not work out.

3. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

I think they set the deadline to the 15th for all w1aw centennial logs to be uploaded. I figure if it doesn't get uploaded by then.. then my several ssb qso's must have been lost and I'll just look around for someone from KS with LoTW to make a SSB qso with. If the KS logs are complete I'm beginning to think either my 2-3 ssb QSO's were typed in wrong as they were loud every QSO and they got my call correct every single time... or maybe I worked the other portable station (which so far has not happened.. every one of my QSO's have been confirmed so far). Who knows.. hopefully they have more logs coming in.

4. DL4CW

DL4CW Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome! That certainly sounds great!

To my surprise I made another 4000 the last day which pushed me past the 26k mark. That is much more than I had expected. #1033 overall and #10 in DL, not too bad....

Thanks for this great activity!

73 Bernhard

5. W6OGC

W6OGC Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been worrying about the Kansas logs from November, which ought to include my contact which is not yet credited, the only one I need for W1AW/x WAS.

I e-mailed to ask and have received the reply that they STILL don't have all the logs from Kansas yet and are waiting on them.

Something must be really dorked up, but who knows?

I continue to grow old with worry.

6. W3WN

W3WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds like one or more of the KS ops hasn't sent his log(s) in to the KS coordinator yet. Frustrating, I know, but there's nothing you can do about it.

My point totals have creeped up a little bit the last few days. I'm now at #2424 with 15149 points and 1323 QSOs. Although there's a real good chance that Pat WA6MHZ is going to catch me... he's #2426 with 15139 points... from 1525 QSOs, go figure.

Not that I mind... that's good company to have around you on the leader board.

I was at #700 on the W1AW portable board... I've moved up to #697, with 698 Q's. There's a 4 way tie for #699, with 697 Q's. Hmmm.

7. W6OGC

W6OGC Ham Member QRZ Page

Or they sent them in, coffee and cigarette stained, crumbled up, scribbled in pencil, marked out, back in, weird doodles etc. and they have sent to Egypt for hieroglyph decoders to come sort it out.

If they want to have any chance of selling me a WAS W1AW plaque, they better get squared away. :)

8. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, I sent an email yesterday to the arrl asking if the KS logs were in and they confirmed they were still waiting for some logs. In NJ, I know they had a requirement that all logs were sent digitally.. so it was just an email sent at the end of the week. My logs were sent within 5 mins of the end of NJ week. Not quite sure what the delay is.. it could be anything I suppose.

9. N7SMI

N7SMI Ham Member QRZ Page

I ended up with 8493 points (1233 QSOs). After I realized I couldn't get W1AW portable Worked All States (I missed MA - week one in Asia on vacation and week two on my Marquesas Islands DXpedition), I really slowed down. I made a lot of progress on 5 band WAS.

Our TX7G DXpedition ended up with 77546 points (currently #99 worldwide) with 15029 member QSOs in just 8 days. That puts us #1 in Zone 31 (including Hawaii). And we did that without a single W1AW portable contact. :)

10. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

I predict they will be in by the 15th.

In LOTW that is. I have a feeling if they can't get them all, they will just have to manually confirm everything entered for that entity for the weeks they operated. To us, it will be transparent.

Someone dropped a ball somewhere. Considering 50 states plus a few territories and each having two different weeks, 1 state not being done right isn't bad, though if they were using modern logging, it should have been a 5 minute exercise like you say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.