HOW Is everyone doing on the W1AW/x?

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WA6MHZ, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well not specifically DX, but they are all run like mini-DXpeditions!
    SO far I have 100% worked that has been on. Missing a couple of modes for some but there is a 2nd chance to pick them up on the 2nd go around. Sure hafta keep on your toes and not GO out of town or U can miss a state!

What I realized too late but NOT TOO LATE after all (TNX to the 2nd go around) is that this is the best shot at nabbing a 5BWAS! So far I can't seem to get the East Coasters to hear me on 80 though! 40 just barely. AK and HI will be chip shot from here. I so see some going for all bands and modes worked so they are thinking 5BWAS too (PLus WARC endorsements).

this week NJ and NH is on. I finished off NJ in 20 minutes on all 3 modes but am short a DIgital for NH for a clean sweep of the trifecta.

2. KF5RHI

KF5RHI Ham Member QRZ Page

I got into it late so I'll have to catch the first couple months' worth when they come back around later in the year. I tried catching NJ last night; but, man, was he getting pounded! I don't try to get them in all the bands and modes. I just try to get 'em on two or three bands just do I can increase the odds that at least one will QSL me. I had a couple early on that I know I got and QSL'd me; but when they uploaded the logs I wasn't confirmed.

Oh well, it's fun! :)

3. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I missed North Carolina and West Virginia, but I've got all the rest. I haven't got confirmation on a few, so I've been trying to get every state at least twice.

I'm only after each state, any band. I'm not trying to get them on every band or every mode.

YES!

4. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I haven't got every one but I've got quite a few. I just grab them when I come across them.:)

5. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

I ran into 2 or 3 during contests. Other than that, I'm not really interested.

Meh....

6. M0DAG

M0DAG Ham Member QRZ Page

Im having fun trying to get them so far, Started late but will be happy with however many i end up with at this stage.

7. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Like others, I have worked them when I have run into them, but I don't chase awards so working every one of them in every mode has no appeal to me. Seems to be a OCD kinda pursuit! :p

Steve
    KV6O

8. WB9LUR

WB9LUR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I work 'em as they come along - got a bunch already - I'd like to get my WAS and even though I've got all the "difficult" states confirmed from regular (non W1AW) QSO's - some of the easy ones like MS and TN - have not replied with QSL cards after months of waiting??? Should be easy pickings with the W1AW/XX ops though...

Just signed up on the ARRL website to have the cards sent via bureau - has anyone rcvd a card this way yet?

73's

Randy
    WB9LUR

9. K7WFM

K7WFM Ham Member QRZ Page

Having fun working them when I hear them. Have a few east coast states that I don't think I had in the past.

10. VK3KTT

VK3KTT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

been try to get as many as possible I need NH but its been a struggle. from vk its not so easy they do upload to lotw quite quickly only 7 more Lotw confirmations for WAS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.