ad: M2Ant-1

How girls can have fun in Ham Radio - Portable or Bust #2

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM9G, Apr 30, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. IDEALTELSIZ

IDEALTELSIZ QRZ Member

it depends .

2. KD5OM

KD5OM Premium Subscriber

I worked a young lady from KL7 land and guys were climbing all over each other just wanting to have a QSO with her. I asked her how that made her feel. She said it was a real boost in her confidence. (For you Millennial Age Hams, a QSO is "A Conversation".)

KM9G likes this.
  3. WD8ED

WD8ED Ham Member QRZ Page

Like hams that can't talk to girls in person? Which I'm assuming is a fairly high percentage of hams.

Ed

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    K0TWA and KD5OM like this.
  4. WD8ED

WD8ED Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't call me a jerk. Save your keystrokes, I already know I am. I've been told often over the last 40 years or so by those using much more colorful words. I don't even try to be offensive. It just works out that way.

Are we talking about girls or women? To me at least, listening to most "girls" under the age of say 35-40 is like nails on a chalkboard to me. For several reasons I won't bother going into. Mature, intelligent, well spoken women I find extremely interesting. On the flip side, I'm sure most "girls" below the age of 40 don't want to hear what I have to say either. Maybe none of them. But then most of you don't want to hear me either. :)

Personally, I can't find anything interesting to listen to on the bands any more no matter what band I'm on. Would "girls" make this any better or worse?

Thank you,

Ed

5. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think a YL calling is like having a 1500 watt linear and a 100 foot tower, also young operators as well male or female, it really increases your signal strength for some reason Hi Hi.

Ed
    N7XCZ

KD5OM, VK6APZ/SK2022 and KM9G like this.
  6. WA5MD

WA5MD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, what was the rig? :)

K0TWA and N3FAA like this.
  7. KE8BDQ

KE8BDQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Electronics is like cooking. You have your ingredients (semiconductors, passives, tubes, PCB or proto board), a recipe (schematic or instructions), then you 'cook' it in an 'oven' (soldering iron or an actual reflow oven), taste test or smoke test, and then serve it to yourself or to people who will 'eat' it by using it and they will hopefully benefit from it for a long time.

KM9G likes this.
  8. AC3DB

AC3DB Ham Member QRZ Page

My gf likes to go to hamfests to check out wierdos

K0UO, AI7JM, VE1HFM and 3 others like this.
  9. W2CSI

W2CSI Ham Member QRZ Page

Great Video!!!

KM9G likes this.
  10. VE7DXW

VE7DXW Ham Member QRZ Page

The biggest issue with getting kids involved is how to protect them from sexual predators that are on shortwave and some repeater systems. Who is liable if a kid gets harmed or killed when a repeater is used to make first contact?

G7NFP likes this.
  11. K8HIT

K8HIT Ham Member QRZ Page

The perpetrator.

No one else. The phone company would already be bankrupt if your assertion was correct.

KG5THG, G7NFP and WE4B like this.
  12. G7NFP

G7NFP Ham Member QRZ Page

FCC will revoke a hams license if they are made aware of such convictions.

I am from UK & have no doubt that OFCOM would do the same.

Even ham radio clubs in UK will run a criminal records check on any ham that is involved in the training of our kids.
    I have no doubt that similar measures are in place your side of the pond.

Here is an example
    http://www.arrl.org/news/fcc-revers...onvicted-sex-offender-s-amateur-radio-license

VE7DXW likes this.
  13. JF1IRQ

JF1IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

日本のユーチューブを見ました。
    それはおかしいです
    次回もお願いします。
    次はいつ配達されますか?

KO4LZ and K0UO like this.
  14. N4UVR

N4UVR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Every good marriage requires his and hers HF rigs!

K0UO likes this.
  15. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeet ! Throw like a girl? Heck yea ! I wish my throws were as accurate. Great job getting that weight into the tree.
    Plus, great engagement and spending time with your kids -- showing how it should be done.
    Big respect to you all. Keep it up. Your videos might inspire other dads and moms to engage similarly
    .... and what a good social distancing activity.

KM9G likes this.