ad: CQMM-1

How does the ARRL CEO Ham?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM9G, Sep 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K0DUC

K0DUC Ham Member QRZ Page

I, for one, think ham and macaroni and cheese go well on the same plate.

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes; VM's do INDEED recommend commendations of good operator practice:)

3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

One can imagine the magnitude of nonsense NA2AA has to deal with daily...we saw a sample here on this thread.

NA2AA is a big boy. If you have constructive criticism then be nice and deliver it respectfully. Try resolving the issue before grabbing a soapbox.

My suggestions. Your opinion may differ.

Chip W1YW

WN1MB likes this.
  4. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Dude, I'm not overweight! :)

KF0DHQ and WN1MB like this.
  5. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

I remember the havoc "volunteer monitors" cause the East German people during the cold war. Once those files were opened to the public we saw the pettiness of it all. Mostly vindictive and lies which led to great suffering.

I think the personality profile of those people would match closely to those Volunteers today.

The recent politically motivated case bears that out along with the same behavior here on the forums. Anyone who has crossed the crowd on this forum understands. Cowards hiding behind his masters coats reporting in secret.

KF0DHQ likes this.
  6. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow. How does a 14 year old who's been a ham less than a year, get to be so angry about the ARRL and at almost all other hams ? What's the back-story here ? Did you get a VM notice for some violation ? What ?

WN1MB likes this.
  7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

These above statements are false and readily shown to be so by a simple review of FCC enforcement actions. For a simple timeline, the VM program kicked in in 2018/2019...

Here is the link for said actions:

Amateur Radio Service Enforcement - AMAT | Federal Communications Commission (fcc.gov)

8. N5EVV

N5EVV Ham Member QRZ Page

So what about those of us who like those things? The instructions for projects we WILL do? This is why apealing to people en masse is difficult. You can't please everybody but you still have to try. You don't like it. That's ok but others do and that's ok too. Maybe you should send them suggestions for a slimmed down version of their publications that have the projects left out, or maybe in a seperate publication for those of us who do like them?

2E0TWD and WN1MB like this.
  9. N5EVV

N5EVV Ham Member QRZ Page

Because we are NOT CB operators without licenses. We operate on a higher state of existance and have many more rules than CB with MANY more frequencies and priveleges too.

2E0TWD, WN1MB, W1YW and 1 other person like this.
  10. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, indeed. I suspect his scathing soapbox oration is merely parroted poison of a third party.

N5EVV likes this.
  11. W1WH

W1WH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nope. The founder of the ARRL was "Hiram Percy Maxim" and he certainly did not invent amateur radio.

N1BCG likes this.
  12. KF0DHQ

KF0DHQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Okay I never said NA3AA or the ARRL was anything near Satan or if I said I had divine origin. I just said I'm on the right side of the bar if you know what I mean. I hope you are to. Also I'd rather have honor in saying what I believed rather then to say what others want me to say. So I would rather be ignored then to follow the blind majority by being "nice" to your standards. I'm not trying to be mean.

KF0DHQ Jack A. Weigel

13. KF0DHQ

By the way, YES I do have some fallacies to point out in this argument. First of with the quote from Wordnet thing. I would like W1YM to respond to the definition rather then you mainly because it was addressed to him. Jeez now where did I here that before?
    Oh yes. Hypocrite.

Oh and also you committed the fallacy of Ad Hominem verbally attacking me with the insult of implying that I have a "Fallacy Fetish". And please excuse my writing.

KF0DHQ Jack A. Weigel

14. KF0DHQ

Hey there nice question. Well I guess it started when I was way young. From a young age I hated Hypocrisy and Corruption. So when I got into ham radio BY MY SELF I just hated seeing how the system was so corrupt. Also I hope I don't sound angry I really am jolly to logically debunk some paragraphs for the practice! hope this answered your question!

KF0DHQ Jack A. Weigel

15. KF0DHQ

Okay From what I got out of it they got there licensed revoked. sorry my bad. I guess this is point one for you? HI HI. Plus why are you responding to the response I gave to KP4SX? That was obviously sent to him Right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.